Sharksfan Update

Sharksfan

May 28, 2009
WI
Okay, so I haven't posted much for a while. There's a reason.

I quit reading and started doing. And what do you know...I got my cherry popped. I made a few bucks actually. I still come here and read when I have SPECIFIC questions - but otherwise I have been DOING.

Right now I am up to....drumroll please......$X/day. Say what you want, that shit beats zero/day by a gigantic margin. Right now I've got a few things going that I think are winners. But the data will tell - it's too early to say really.

Beyond that I've taken my first stabs into PPC (no success yet), article marketing (good stuff), and outsourcing link building with Red Virus's service.

The link building is the best thing I've done so far - one of my sites (an A2P site) went from no where in the SERPS to being #1 and #2. If you have a site not doing anything I can't think of a cheaper/easier way to get traffic than getting backlinks.

My current goal is to get to $10/day. At that point I'll probably post again. Right now I'm down probably a grand or so overall on this venture, but that includes several very important learning lessons (ie, mistakes) which were far cheaper than college. Most of it is domains + hosting, some plugins (A2P, etc) and the like.

Here's a challenge if you get stuck starting - do this. I did it accidentally.

1.) Drink a quart of water
2.) Choose an affiliate offer from a network - doesn't matter which one
3.) Tell yourself you can't get up from the chair until you know out 10 300-words articles to use for article marketing tied to the offer from #2.

If you have the self control to hold yourself in the chair you'll come up with material. Trust me. And if you don't have that level of self control....I have an eBook on self-improvement I'll sell ya.... ;)