Setting Up an Online Fundraiser for Cancer Treatment Assistance

conv3rsion

Get Money + Get Paid
Dec 14, 2008
Hi guys. A friend of mine just found out the very sad news that he has stage 4 esophageal cancer. His treatment is going to exceed his insurance and his ability to pay. I want to setup an online fundraiser for his treatment. Has anyone done this before and can you offer any tips or recommended websites for accomplishing this? Big thanks for your help.

just setup a domain named of ur friend, setup a wordpress blog with gallery, and post his daily photos with donate paypal button? what do u say?

hopefully your friend getting well soon..

I did this for autism awareness month. Which was april. The idea was that i'd post incent offers and every time i got paid I'd donate to charity. The problem was that I had no traffic to the site. Getting the initial traffic is the hardest part. I still haven't figured it out. I made no money for the site. PM me if you want the address to the site.

Sorry to hear about your friend =/. Let me know if you setup a website for him, I'll spend a couple hundred dollars on FB towards advertising it, and maybe send a donation his way.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

I've heard decent things about this site in my travels.

Connect with Friends and Family with CaringBridge - CaringBridge.org

There is this site also:

Double Lung Transplant for Lori Jo by Lori Williford - GoFundMe

I've never had to do anything like this before, so here's a How to link:

How to Raise Money for a Sick Person | eHow.com

This link also suggests these two sites:

Online Fundraising Website and Software for Events and Causes

Online fundraising donations and ideas - JustGiving