SERP Checkers and Google Results Fault?

stacigrim

Mar 19, 2011
Austin, TX
So for the last week or so I have been doing the Google dance and recently I was at the top of the second page but ever SERP checker I have tried said I was in the 1st position. A couple of days after I had slip to the 3rd page and every SERP checker I have tried now says I am not in the top 1000.

Any idea on why or how this happens? I have been monitoring this site for over a year and first I have ever seen something like this.

One thing you can always rely on is if you use a browser proxy or private proxy that uses a USA ip, with that you can check the actual US rankings for your site and keywords..

Same goes if you are checking any local Google rankings, just use the local proxy for that country.. As for serp checkers, serp attacks is free and pretty reliable, seoserp was working great until a few days ago as an online checker and you also have a few rank checkers from members here that check your rankings on a daily basis..

Which rank checkers have you been using to check now?

Maybe don't use SERP trackers that doesn't work? Look into Bofu's tracker, I hear that's the shizzle.

PM Grindstone and ask about it

Thanks for the advice.

Honestly, I would usually Google search for "Serp Checker" and use the 2nd result down (seoserp). Never had any issues until recently. But it honestly is with any SERP Checker I have tried. I will now see if I can locate some of the ones you have mentioned and see what happens.

Send update soon for those interested.

Is your traffic the same? If it's the same you were most likely searching or should search through a US proxy (if there's your market) like daseoman mentioned.

If your traffic has fallen, you probably received some sort of algorithm penalty. If so you should check if everything is okay on your page, duplicate content, exploits, etc.

Then move back to improving your website and building links to it.

I would also like to add, The niche I have been shooting for all the Top 10 rankings are different as of yesterday. Shit has been moving around a lot for the last couple of days but now pages ranking 3rd and 4th page have immediately shot up to number 1.

Do these free online SERP checkers usually just blank out when so much activity is happening on your selected keywords?

Just a thought....