SEO and Social Media Newb Question

Otinsdale

Nov 11, 2009
nyc
Ok all, so I am one of the few people that doesn't really use facebook or twitter or anything at all so I am completely in the dark when it comes to a lot of this stuff.

I have been reading that SEs are starting to take social media into consideration when formulating serps and I want to be able to take this into account when making pages.

How do you all integrate social media into your SEO?

I wish I could ask a more detailed question but I just don't know much about the two platforms so I don't know how to drill down my question from such a broad one.

any information to get me started would be really appreciated.

thanks a lot.

Social media is the shit. I totally just had a brand new site rank on the first page for a couple of 1000ish exact match terms before even starting the promotional campaign.

All I did was integrate twitter and fb. Didnt even add anyone on them. Just a few tweets about launching each new page, with the keywords in the tweets - NO FOLLOWERS- and boom. Was fucking magic.

Edit- This is with most of the site layed out, IE internal links and titles. Most of the pages were just filler text that used the keyword alot. I had 2 unique articles that were decent / 500-1000 words.

i use the wp-to-twitter plugin on my blogs - works nicely and puts a link to all your new posts in your twitter account - not sure how much difference it has on SEO but it cant hurt.