SEO and Marketing for charity...

andrewkar

Jun 29, 2013
Some time ago...
Hi guys,

Is anyone here doing SEO/SEM for charity?
Possibly I can work for one charity (doing SEO and marketing), and I would like to know how others go about it.

- do you charge them just like for any other project?
- how is SEO in that niche?
- aren't they too PITA? or maybe they are great to work with?
- is SEO effective tool to help them get some money? I'm not sure about that...

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

SEO for charities, I have some experience.

The Google grants program gives $10,000 per month - the catch - $2.00 maximum bid, no commercial terms.

It's ideal for raising brand awareness, job listings for internal positions and promoting local fund raising events.

It's also good to snipe particular times of the year, eg valentines + charity cards for example. Other uses - traffic leaks from larger charities by using their brand names in your keyword targets.

Dude working with Charities on SEO/SEM is some of the best paid and morally rewarding work you can do.

Most of the Charities we have on our roster are in the 5-20mill range and roflmao at our high 4 low 5 figure monthly retainer. The people are great and the warm fuzzies you get balance out against the lives you destroy facilitating life long pay day loan entrapment.

They also always pay on time. That + the Google Grant makes for a non stressful client account which you will actually enjoy working on.

I guess you don't have to think that "charity" niche doesn't have funds to advertise. If they thought to optimize/marketing online, its obvious they do have budgets for that. So you can try your luck with normal budget.