Send a user directly to purchase page

Status
Not open for further replies.

switchjohnny

Aug 1, 2007
I'm sure many of you have done this or do this, but I wanted to get some feedback.

Is it cool to bring a user to your landing page for product X and when they click buy now, you send them to the purchase page for the affiliate product instead of the actual product page.

I wrote a snazzy encrypted iframe redirect script to make this happen.

I've had success with it, I understand it's border line shady, but I want my conversions.

Has anyone had anything bad happen from this? Have you been banned from affiliate networks, or have you had your profits kept?

Ask the network/advertiser directly if you wish to secure revenue made in your form.

Well, if you're gonna be serious about it man, just ask your AM. If he says no, run it on another network, without asking.

You'd hate to lose $10k for not asking. But hey, you could also just do it now, have them ask questions later..

I personally don't see why swapping out your landing page for theirs would be a problem-as long as you don't state on your landing page that you're the seller of this product. This script only reduces a single step in the conversion process and gets right to it.

I hope you'll ask your AM and post the answer here, because I'm curious if this is kosher.

I personally don't see why swapping out your landing page for theirs would be a problem-as long as you don't state on your landing page that you're the seller of this product. This script only reduces a single step in the conversion process and gets right to it.

I hope you'll ask your AM and post the answer here, because I'm curious if this is kosher.

because the advertiser can claim it effects quality, especially if its a rebill

because the advertiser can claim it effects quality, especially if its a rebill
I'm going to ask a couple of affiliate managers of mine and get their opinion. I would expect to reveal my landing page to any AM if using this method if they gave the ok so it can be reviewed for advertiser guidelines.

Has anybody every had a problem with selling methods and getting paid after getting an AM approval? I imagine it happens occasionally that an AM might give the OK, and the you have problems later on. "He shouldn't have said yes" is something you don't want to hear.

I'm going to ask a couple of affiliate managers of mine and get their opinion. I would expect to reveal my landing page to any AM if using this method if they gave the ok so it can be reviewed for advertiser guidelines.

Has anybody every had a problem with selling methods and getting paid after getting an AM approval? I imagine it happens occasionally that an AM might give the OK, and the you have problems later on. "He shouldn't have said yes" is something you don't want to hear.

keep records. Either do it through email or record your AIM conversations.

It depends on what you're promoting, some offers have very strict T&C's that the affiliate network has to meet and ensure compliance on or they risk not getting paid. Talk to your affiliate manager about it before you find yourself on the wrong end of a $50k unpaid invoice.

Some industries, mobile, pharma, subscription billing have requirements that you place their fine print or use specific logo images (At&t in mobile, etc..) in your landing page. Check with them.

Others will allow you to link to any page on product sales site. Revenuewire has a tool that allows you to pick any page on the sales site of the product you are promoting and they will generate a URL that will send your user to that page with your affil_id embedded in it. It works out quite well. I wish more networks had a tool like that.

Others will allow you to link to any page on product sales site. Revenuewire has a tool that allows you to pick any page on the sales site of the product you are promoting and they will generate a URL that will send your user to that page with your affil_id embedded in it. It works out quite well. I wish more networks had a tool like that.
Thanks for the heads-up. I would like to sign up with Revenuewire for this tool. If you care to share your referral link, post it in your sig or send it to me and I'll sign up under your name.

I'm trying to utilize the OP's good idea to enhance conversions, and remain within guidelines. I'm particularly interested in pursuing rebill offers.

I sent an email to the AM, so we'll see what they say. In their privacy policy, it say affiliates may not use "framing" of any kind which is probably what I'm doing, but I think it's worth it to ask.

Anyway, I let you know how it goes.

They said it's cool, I just have to show them my site, so they can see what I'm doing. But assuming they don't disapprove of my methods, it'll be up later today.

All advertisers should let you link directly to the specific page or the order page for a specific item. This does often increase conversions. Isn't that what deep linking is about?

no. deep linking refers to internal linking and pr juice flow for seo purposes.

I'd check this stuff out with your AM - I've been burnt before. Some networks love excuses not to pay you - don't give them one.

Status
Not open for further replies.