Semrush - advantages.

razorico

Apr 21, 2011
Hi, All! I'm thinking about usefull seo service to make research of competitors.
I Found Semrush, many people told me that it's better than google's adwords keyword tool? What do you think about that?

I would say it's main advantage is the fact that it's not google adwords tool.

They get their metrics from a different source.

Basically "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." That is the advantage of semrush.

I would say it's main advantage is the fact that it's not google adwords tool.

They get their metrics from a different source.

Basically "Don't put all your eggs in one basket." That is the advantage of semrush.

Thank you very much. Very good explanation in simple words, I suppose.

The main advantage of SEMrush is being able to type in a site URL and instantly see a list of their top keywords, both organic and paid, along with some meaningful metrics to go along.

It's a great place to start your keyword research, while the Adwords keyword tool is usually my next step.

Thank you Omgyams! What do you think about density of keywords? Not more than 5% or else? What do you think about Seoquake option density tool?

SEMRush does get it's data from Google, their volume data is exact match local data from each region they serve up data for.

It's slow to update (4 times per year) but it's better than fucking around with Google's Tool/API

Thank you guys! Is it really good for researching competitors, or there is nothing useful under their advertisment, and I should find something else?

When I started working in seo, and was a newb I really often used different tools, and also semrush, even bought pro account. Now I think if you have to pay for something, than there' are too much shit in your head, and only one small piece of brain! Cool SEOs will find everything for free.