Selling my first domain? Scammed?

elchubinebrae

Oct 14, 2015
I am everywhere
Hi guys,
Wondering if anyone can enlighten me to whether or not this is a scam since it seems a little bit off to a newbie like me.

Here's a timeline.

Bought a domain name, didnt keep my details private so no wonder someone was able to contact me. I currently have it parked with Sedo and they have evaluated it at £300, this guy gets in touch (and the company he claims to work for is real) says he's a lawyer and whatnot, working on behalf of a professional investor and is willing to part with $12,000 for my domain name.

He says he wants it certified (to which this will cost me in the region of $150) he supplied a link to some google question page. He also says he wants the certifcate for tax reasons and he doesnt want to go through someone like sedo or godaddy to complete the sale, just an escrow service.

The thought of selling a domain for a pofit of $11,995 is definitely something everyone would dream of, but is it too good to be true?

This is called the appraisal scam. You will pay $150 and get dick in return. No way that this is real.. Sorry to burst your bubble man but anyone asking for a certified appraisal is a scammer..

Yeah i thought as much, i even checked out the alexa ranking and whois of the url of the link sent and its bullshit. im still glad i asked here though. I was starting to get a bit cagey when he wanted to push the sale forward even though i told him i wasnt able to after another 50 odd days.

Let this be some guidance to any other suber noobs out there...