Selling a Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenvy

Worseless Webmaster
Sep 29, 2006
PDX
I've been thinking letting go some "niche" blog of mines, but would like to ask some question regarding selling a site and how you go by doing it.

please send me a PM or contact me on AIM

your help is greatly appreciated!

If what you have is a wordpress blog then all you have to do is get a sql dump, the wp-content with the theme and plugins and then just push the domain name to whoever bought it.

Is that what you are asking?

To sell them, I generally start a thread on DP or put it on Ebay, depending what it is. Sitepoint is another option if you're expecting more then a few hundred dollars.

As for after the sale, it's just a matter of pushing the domain, getting an sql dump of the database, grabbing the wp-contents folder, and then reinstalling on their server. Pretty easy process.

If you have an active readership I would seriously recommend offering it there before putting it up on DP, eBay, Sitepoint or other online venues. Those places are buyers' markets -- great for picking up a site, not so great for selling. You'll usually get more money selling into your niche than at a marketplace site.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.