Seeking guidance on a custom sports uniform affiliate program

Dr. Scientist

Feb 7, 2010
I have a site that sells custom sports uniforms (i.e. custom team football jerseys, etc) and I'm looking to get it into affiliate marketing to boost sales.

I'm not sure whether I want to approach affiliate networks directly about marketing it, put it on something like Commission Junction, or whether I should create my own affiliate program through Refersion and recruit affiliates in the niche.

I'm also thinking about doing Adwords through Viralica.

What're your thoughts on this? I'm pretty new to AM when it comes to advertising.

I'd recommend working with a network like Commission Junction. When signing up tell them you want your offer promoted to the affiliates who are currently doing sales in uniforms/sports.

FYI, they will ask for some metrics like conversion rate, average order size, etc.

I'd recommend working with a network like Commission Junction. When signing up tell them you want your offer promoted to the affiliates who are currently doing sales in uniforms/sports.

FYI, they will ask for some metrics like conversion rate, average order size, etc.

Thanks, that definitely sounds like a plan. Do you know if I have to prepay for advertising, or can I pay on a Net schedule?