Scraping the Web in Python

Jake232

Sep 4, 2010
Hey guys,

I wrote an article on my blog yesterday, and figured it might be useful to a lot of the programmers here.

It basically covers basic web scraping principles, provides some python examples and covers some of the common mistakes/pitfalls.

If you're interested, here it is: Python web scraping resource

I've been collecting up as much learning material as possible on python past few weeks I have to admit though I'm not at all the tecky type and I've been putting it off cheers for the link will check it out.
dgerryd-albums-evil-python-picture1478-evil-phthon.png

I've been collecting up as much learning material as possible on python past few weeks I have to admit though I'm not at all the tecky type and I've been putting it off cheers for the link will check it out.
dgerryd-albums-evil-python-picture1478-evil-phthon.png

The secret is to try and make something that is useful to you somehow. Even if it sucks, you can improve it as you learn more, and you'll be motivated to continue.

That's the plan it's the following through I have to keep up with I can see how it could become almost addictive. Cmere I keep hearing or picking up that there's a bit of functionality difference between python 2 and 3 ? which is the better to learn ive heard more say the older one is better is there any truth in that ?

I'd suggest python 2 simply because not all libraries support python 3 yet, but at this stage it's pretty much personal preference. There is enough libraries available for both.

I'd suggest python 2 simply because not all libraries support python 3 yet, but at this stage it's pretty much personal preference. There is enough libraries available for both.

python 2 is still more 'packed' with libs and plugins than P3