ScraperWiki

RockDiesel

Nov 29, 2007
Just saw this on Hacker News. It's basically like open source, collaborative scraping.

Welcome | ScraperWiki

Anyone can write a screen scraper using the online editor, and the code and data are shared with the world. Because it's a wiki, other programmers can contribute to and improve the code. And, if you're not a programmer yourself, you can request a scraper or ask the ScraperWiki team to write one for you.

About | ScraperWiki

damn it rock I wanted to post this! Looks cool, lots of python code, I think I might have to dust off my install to try out their libraries...have you played with it at all?

damn it rock I wanted to post this! Looks cool, lots of python code, I think I might have to dust off my install to try out their libraries...have you played with it at all?

Not yet, just saw it like an hour ago. Looks very interesting though. I'm interested to see people collaborating on the same scrapers and seeing what they come up with.

I'm waiting for mattseh and uplinked to come in here with their woodies raving about fucking python lol.

I need to dig into their code, but do you have any idea if their stuff can handle javascript rendering? that's the bain of all botters/scrapers existence, and if they nailed that, thats tits worthy

PYTHON? DID SOMEONE SAY PY-
930771.png

Conundrum: To use their shitty (all-the-data-you-scrape-is-shared-under-GNU) hosted version, or to dredge through the ridiculous install process of selfhost?

that is cool. I can think of a way or two to make some money out of it... thank you.