Scrapebox Question - Dead Links

Surfer Dude

Feb 21, 2011
Still learning how to use SB and wondering if it can do this for me...

In the last couple of months I've paid for linking services via profiles, blog comments, article submissions, Web 2.0, bookmarks, etc.

I'd like to take the list of all of these URLS, (I'll just say there are 1000 URLs to keep it simple), and see if the pages are still there or if the links are dead.

For example, I want to send an Xrumer blast to these 1000 links, but if 500 of the links are dead, (i.e. the page or site no longer exists), that would be a waste of 1/2 of that blast that I could point to other URLs instead.

So... I know SB can check for indexed links, but my question is can SB check for dead links? And if so can I export this list with the dead links either removed or marked somehow so I end up with a list of only the 'good' links that I can blast?

Thanks!

Not sur ewhat you mean but you can check if links on properties are alive by loading your properties into "blogs" and the target of those properties into "websites". Then select "check links" in the bottom right area of scrapebox and it will check which of those properties still have your links on them.

If you run most of the checking functions (check pagerank etc) on the list of URLs you have, it'll show up in the results if there's an error or 404 returned.. then you just need to export out the ones that didn't have an error in it.

Can't check exactly which function allows this as my scrapebox is running at the moment but im pretty sure it's do-able.

If you run most of the checking functions (check pagerank etc) on the list of URLs you have, it'll show up in the results if there's an error or 404 returned.. then you just need to export out the ones that didn't have an error in it.

Can't check exactly which function allows this as my scrapebox is running at the moment but im pretty sure it's do-able.

This sounds like what I need... yes, wondering how I export only the 'good' URLs?

If you get a chance and can let me know, that would be great!

Scrapebox has an addon called "Alive Check" to see if a page is still live or dead.