Santa Teresa, Costa Rica | TRIP | PICS

nickCR

Feb 5, 2010
CR
Seeing how many of you appreciate nice beaches, surfing and woman I’m going to tell you about my recent trip to Santa Teresa, Costa Rica.

0KLFo.jpg

Getting there was easy. We left on Friday at 12 PM. Took the Caldera highway out to the ferry at the very end of Puntarenas. Made it to the ferry by 1:15 PM. NOTE: The ferry is known to be a nightmare for people because they go during peak hours. Just avoid that by taking the ferry at 11 AM or 2 PM.

The ferry left at 2 PM and we arrived on the other side at 3:15 PM, it took about 1 hr to Santa Teresa. The road had recently been patched so i’m sure we got lucky and didn’t have to deal with a really bad road. NOTE: The road is dirt from Cobano to Santa Teresa so a 4 x 4 is highly recommended due to the ride height.

vqULE.jpg

We have a friend that lives in Santa Teresa that helped us find a place to stay which ended up being Principe del Pacifico (Prince of the Pacific). The place was fantastic I would highly recommend it. The owner is a character. The hotel is in a perfect location only a short 50 meter walk to Santa Teresa.

I69HX.jpg

We all wanted to take some surf lessons. So my friend recommended a very good surf instructor there named Amit (owner of Del Soul Surfing). Great instructor, had us all standing up on the board the first day.

98hLP.jpg

Eating out there is pretty easy. The best place for breakfast is The Bakery, on the right just as you enter town. We also ate at a place called Ginger Cafe. Great food.

Lunch / Dinner we found several nice places to go Amici, Lemiul, Pizzeria Playa El Carmen (next to Coco Loco), Habanero and Tomate Pizza. Soda la Yunta and Zula Cafe are supposed to be good as well.

8NhhB.jpg

While your there consider renting an ATV and going the back route to Montezuma past the waterfall. It’s supposed to be spectacular. Also there is zip lining and horseback riding if you wanted.

We drove to the next beach called Playa Hermosa which is truly gorgeous. A nice long flat beach. The water is very calm and nice for surfing.

5b5Ca.jpg

The drive back wasn’t that hard, although my daughter threw up and the car over heated on the way back :(

7coho.jpg

Of course in the spirit of WickedFire I cannot leave this post without some skin so here you go:

HlPwN.jpg

wnIcF.jpg

EwBaW.jpg

TwHxk.jpg

P03EJ.jpg

P7sv0.jpg

ez0Ev.jpg

yYZ0m.jpg

fbc1D.jpg

bAa1K.jpg

fMXYT.jpg

zTv7E.jpg

j9zaY.jpg

OLovn.jpg

ggRKY.jpg

zHXPs.jpg

Looks nice. Hows the costs there?

lol @ the guy in the water sneakin a peak on camera

You can find places as cheap as $15 /nite or villas for $250 /nite. The place we stayed is about $100 /night. Weekly stay will get you a better price. Breakfast was like $6 /each at the Ginger Cafe. More like $12 at The Bakery. Lunch / Dinners $100 for 4 of us.

Great write up, thanks!

...And I for one APPROVE of your good deeds with the camera... Although I can't imagine what your daughter must think of you. ;)

Looks like a great trip love the beach,

I'm with the guy who pointed out the taking pics of random women though. Just a teenie weenie bit creepy :p

"I was taking pictures of the waves. The women were just getting in the way."