S-Corps in Nevada...all its cracked up to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every accountant I've talked to tells me it ends up being a big pain in the ass and in the end I'll still pay Massachusetts taxes....but what I don't think they realize is that I'm not actually conducting any business in Massachusetts.

I could be on the moon and still be doing the business that I'm doing. How do they know I don't live in Nevada?

Massachusetts incorporation will run me $600 +

Nevada $300 for the whole package plus a registered agent.

I don't have experience with it, but I know a lot of the real estate investors swear by it.

you'll still have to pay state taxes in your state, it isn't worth the hassle unless you are a big company. plus registered agent fee every year. PITA.

I think the Nevada S-Corp offers better asset protection, which is why the real estate guys like it so much.

But if I'm technically not doing business in Massachusetts...and all my consultations and coding are "over the phone" then can't i get away with not paying Massachusetts taxes?

Even with the registered agent fees it is still cheaper in nevada

no... it's where you live... i tried this as well, talked it over witha VERY high priced CPA firm. They had 2 people look into, both said no.

You need to live there 1/2 year + 1 day to claim taxes there.

I've been looking into this as well, basically because this state (Mass) is a whore. It just doesn't seem to be worth the hassle. Where abouts are you from proof?

I've been looking into this as well, basically because this state (Mass) is a whore. It just doesn't seem to be worth the hassle. Where abouts are you from proof?

South Shore. You?

Since Nevada doesn't technically report you/my info to the IRS..couldn't I just tell them to go fuck themselves?

taxes suck....they are killing me. i need a way out

South Shore. You?

Since Nevada doesn't technically report you/my info to the IRS..couldn't I just tell them to go fuck themselves?

just wait until they find you don't have a nevada address and have the power/cable/water/etc company showing bills paid during the year and nothing like that in NV... NOT WORTH JAIL!!!

South Shore. You?

Central Mass, in the Metrowest. This state does suck tax wise. I agree with engaged though, not worth the jail time.

I'm in Taxafornia and you guys are in Taxachusettes... Sucks, but can't do much about it.

If I remember right Deleware Corps are better than NV. Once again there's a bunch of crap youi have to do... I dissovled and stayed in CA :(

My tax dude also said out of state is huge hassle and almost never worth the gain unless you are a BIG company.

after doing a lot a research a while back into it the 'expert' consensus was that it really makes no difference unless you are a large company. i just stayed in NY - check it out, the best small biz resource I know of is www.inc.com

Status
Not open for further replies.