Rust Game Thread

AllBizNiz

Living The Dream
Oct 27, 2009
Ohio
Ok, who here plays the game Rust? I did a search and have not found any threads about it. This is surprising since this is a gay webmaster forum and there's a game out with a bunch of swinging dicks. Let's get a Wickedfire group going.

What is "rust game?"

I play "dust game." Bangin' chicks 12+ years older. Depending on alcohol content, I guess you can win or lose. Hi Lo, I suppose.

i purchased it like a month or 2 ago. It wasn't opening for me the last time i tried though. will boot it up again and see if it starts

I don't understand how games like this look the same (or worse) in terms of graphics and yet demand the highest spec computers. I get the shittiest frames on this damn game.

grass.on false

I was expecting this thread to have...

Some Cookie Clicker to it.

Leaving disappointing I won't be able to run a rust business.

Dreams have been shattered.

Bought it but my business laptop isn't really built for this.

Coming back in 1-2 months after I bought a gaming laptop.

Bought it, had a lot of fun, started a server with another guy, made a website for our server, that's nearing 40k(300-500 per day) visits and let the whole thing go.

It was modded, we were extremely active, I built 3 large arenas and hosted events regularly with the other mod for prizes.

Rust is extremely fun... BUT

Most of the server providers seem inexperienced, with intermittent and unexplained lag spikes.

The modding community is young, the mods I wanted didn't yet exist or existed in very primitive forms.

The game itself needs another years worth of work before its really ready/worth putting a lot of time into.

From a mod perspective, it SUCKED when investigating hackers... you can't go fully invis because you have your fucking name floating on top of your head and you're always making loud footsteps. The other mod custom coded a hook to be able to fly on our server to follow hackers without being found out and HE got steam banned from his own server(ain't that some shit). The logs are tedious, I eventually automated a script that ran every steamID that connected to our server through a steamid ban checker, found several cheaters this way.

As a non mod, a player, playing on other servers, mod abuse is rampant... this is the original reason we started ours.

I'll revisit the game when all of the above has been more or less addressed.

I'll check that server out soon. I got so pissed that a bunch of phaggot hackers raided my base and blew up all my boxes I couldn't come back to this thread or game cause I was pretty heated.