Robert Wenzel Speech at the NY Federal Reserve

cziffra

Jun 24, 2006
Somalia
I thought some on here might find this interesting:

EconomicPolicyJournal.com: My Speech Delivered at the New York Federal Reserve Bank

Here are a few of the better excerpts:

One of the authors of this 2004 paper was Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke. Thus, I have to ask, what the hell is Chairman Bernanke doing implementing such a program, since it is his paper that states it was a failure according to Modigliani, and his paper implies that a larger test would be required to determine true performance.

I ask, is the Chairman using the United States economy as a lab with Americans as the lab rats to test his intellectual curiosity about such things as Operation Twist?

Let’s have one good meal here. Let’s make it a feast. Then I ask you, I plead with you, I beg you all, walk out of here with me, never to come back. It’s the moral and ethical thing to do. Nothing good goes on in this place. Let’s lock the doors and leave the building to the spiders, moths and four-legged rats.

He has another post about how the speech was received:

EconomicPolicyJournal.com: My Fed Speech, The Details

This is good. Of course, I don't think he'll change anyone's mind, people are incredibly isolated if they haven't heard of the Austrian school and they are an actual economist.

Maybe 20 years ago, but not today.