Rip off Report solutions?

affiliatearmy

May 22, 2008
Laguna Beach,CA USA
Bro's- I would love to lob a fiery bag of steamy goat shit at the face of the owner of RoR...but unfortunately this will not help my issue.

As many of you may know, RoR, under the 5th amendment, allows stealth individuals without any transparency, to post anything they wish about any business. No IP, no name, jack shit.
Don't like your competitor? Post 10 fake reviews. Say they raped your Daughter and Mother and are drug addict felons..nothing you can do.

Suing RoR or attempting to find and sue the fake posters is impossible, which leads to my question-

Has anyone here had any success with an issue like this on RoR?

Google will deindex the pages after a court order is issued- but hard to get a court order when the people don't exist.

FYI ORM is NOT a solution- (the links and content is still indexed and any a-hole competitor who posted the shite can provide potential clients to said links)

Thx Bro's-

Doesn't solve it entirely, but post a comment on the RoR page and be sure to include the words "cunt", "fuck", etc.

Then, at least it won't show for google searches if the searcher has the safe search feature on.

Reactions: potentialeight
Doesn't solve it entirely, but post a comment on the RoR page and be sure to include the words "cunt", "fuck", etc.

Then, at least it won't show for google searches if the searcher has the safe search feature on.

lol! That's amusing but it's not guaranteed. Still though, funny and clever!

Bro's- I would love to lob a fiery bag of steamy goat shit at the face of the owner of RoR...but unfortunately this will not help my issue.

As many of you may know, RoR, under the 5th amendment, allows stealth individuals without any transparency, to post anything they wish about any business. No IP, no name, jack shit.
Don't like your competitor? Post 10 fake reviews. Say they raped your Daughter and Mother and are drug addict felons..nothing you can do.

Suing RoR or attempting to find and sue the fake posters is impossible, which leads to my question-

Google will deindex the pages after a court order is issued- but hard to get a court order when the people don't exist.

FYI ORM is NOT a solution- (the links and content is still indexed and any a-hole competitor who posted the shite can provide potential clients to said links)

Thx Bro's-

I actually don't want to reveal the workarounds here publicly. But you can bet your ass there certainly are VERY effective and of the two, one is permanent. Takes a lil bit of time, effort and some cash, but seeing how the alternative is to just let it sit and possibly bog it down a bit, you'd be doing that anyway.

There is a solution to every problem. May not be cost effective or worth the effort to get it for the challenging stuff.. but this one ain't that challenging.

Thx Bro's-

We used a combo of loganix and content filled custom domains to drive it off the first two pages for a client. It was annoying as fuck.

I actually don't want to reveal the workarounds here publicly. But you can bet your ass there certainly are VERY effective and of the two, one is permanent. Takes a lil bit of time, effort and some cash, but seeing how the alternative is to just let it sit and possibly bog it down a bit, you'd be doing that anyway.

There is a solution to every problem. May not be cost effective or worth the effort to get it for the challenging stuff.. but this one ain't that challenging.

Any chance of being pointed in the right direction at least? Cos am dealing with something similar now. Not ROR, but bad enough, and can't get it to budge from the #1 position it has currently.

Any chance of being pointed in the right direction at least? Cos am dealing with something similar now. Not ROR, but bad enough, and can't get it to budge from the #1 position it has currently.

Yeah pm me the issue and my assistant will sort it out for ya. Can meatspin someone only a finite amount of times before she becomes immune and gums the song anyway.. gotta keep her busy somehow.

Seems they are aware of the issue with curse words. Certain reports now either have curse words "redacted" or they use **** to mask them.

RoR is not as much of an issue as it was a couple of years ago. Like Jon said above you can get creative and with time have a good shot at getting google to deindex pages without a court order.

Ok, here is a few solutions. You can SEO it off the page.... It will take a while but it id possible..

It truly depends on when the RipOff Report was written. I would suggest this..

Put a comment in there that contains certain person info... Like a social security# doesn't need to be real or your "real" fake address.

Report to Google that your personal info is out there and that someone was talking to your children after finding your address on the ripoff report.

It won't leave ripoff report, but Google will pul it within 24 hours out of the serps.

Probably is that if you do it too quickly Google will not remove it if they believe that you did it yourself. So don't be stupid. Do it, wait... And then report.

Ok, here is a few solutions. You can SEO it off the page.... It will take a while but it id possible..

It truly depends on when the RipOff Report was written. I would suggest this..

Put a comment in there that contains certain person info... Like a social security# doesn't need to be real or your "real" fake address.

Report to Google that your personal info is out there and that someone was talking to your children after finding your address on the ripoff report.

It won't leave ripoff report, but Google will pul it within 24 hours out of the serps.

Probably is that if you do it too quickly Google will not remove it if they believe that you did it yourself. So don't be stupid. Do it, wait... And then report.

Well I wasn't going to post this in public but since you did, this works.

Here is the catch though you need to sneak it in ROR reviews stuff but i'm pretty sure it's foreign labor. Doing this:

Mike Smith
SSN: 123-456-789
Address: 123 main st., NYC, NY, 10001
Visa #1234-5679-1234-5697
etc...

That will get deleted

But if you do:

OMG the guy named mike smith is such an asshole i hate him he sucks oh btw his id for the yearly tax thing or i think most people would call it social just in case anyone wants to know, because you know his food sucks and the chefs cant cook its a total waste of money and time to even go there but if you're wondering 123456789 i can't believe the bad service i got i wish i could go back and ......

Ambiguous language that a 3rd world worker with poor English wouldn't catch but that a native speaker would.

I don't like doing reputation management if a business has 20 negative reviews there is usually a reason and they deserve it, but sometimes you do get crazy customers who leave bad reviews everywhere because their homemade 90% off coupon wasn't accepted or because the waiter didn't smile.

Reactions: Goodcat
I drink beers with Ed. PM all your negative URLs. I'll buy him a fajita, and slip him the list. Poof. Gone.

I think you mean Juan or Pedro.

y7aRXo1.gif

Thread update

Word to the wise- if you hope to edit your RoR reviews or add to them, or create new reports on yourself or via another individual, DON'T contact RoR said representative prior.

I did so (regarding their new Consumer Advocacy Program), and after a quote from RoR of $2500 per fake report edit plus $800 per month, I decided to try another workaround (competitor has posted 6 reports on us) and $15k + 36 month payments of $800 a month as a solution is just wrong.

After a week and no new reports or edits posted, it seems our namesake and reports are "locked down" now.

This racket sucks.

Word to the wise- if you hope to edit your RoR reviews or add to them, or create new reports on yourself or via another individual, DON'T contact RoR said representative prior.

I did so (regarding their new Consumer Advocacy Program), and after a quote from RoR of $2500 per fake report edit plus $800 per month, I decided to try another workaround (competitor has posted 6 reports on us) and $15k + 36 month payments of $800 a month as a solution is just wrong.

After a week and no new reports or edits posted, it seems our namesake and reports are "locked down" now.

This racket sucks.

Well, at least they're living up to their name. Truly a ripoff.

I drink beers with Ed. PM all your negative URLs. I'll buy him a fajita, and slip him the list. Poof. Gone.

this. this. this.

a little social engineering goes a long way.

also money talks.

GL BRO

ROR solution

Ayzo- please PM as I cannot PM yet but would like to discuss. I have a few other ways to get these things taken care of as well.

Thx.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI7As3rOogo[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsXKAtpLm4I[/ame]