Ringtones.net issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReVice

Sep 7, 2008
Just noticed this email from affiliate.com (CPA Empire- whatever)

Due to new carrier requirements, as of Friday, November 14, 2008 Ringaza, Ringtones.Net, and Shady Lizard will no longer be offering the $19.99 price point to consumers. This price point will need to be removed from all landing pages and search terms associated with these ringtone offers by 1pm MST Friday, November 14th. Please contact your affiliate manager if you have any further questions.

Has anyone spoken to their AM about this? Are these offers going down? I don't speak to my AM over there very often as he is a complete moron- can someone clarify for me?

All they are saying that content providers can no longer bill at&t customers at $19.99month - this shouldn't effect conversions except for that lead caps may be lowered to offset the difference content providers are going to lose from decreased residuals.

Ringtones have been tanking for months now. The entire industry is out-of-wack with compliance & regulation - providers, carriers and advertising channels cannot agree on terms and conditions, so many mainstream carriers have pulled out of the industry altogether until it's straightened out.

Google wants terms and conditions checkbox prior to any personal information entered (i.e. phone number) on page one - most providers are okay with it on page two.

Some providers (i.e. FunMobile) won't allow there to be links to any other providers on the same page. Nevermind that FunMobile doesn't currently accept T-Mobile or allow advertising/usage of Sprint & Nextel - if you link to one funmobile offer, ALL links must point to funmobile offers.

Sprint / Nextel won't allow their logo's to be used on pages with any other carriers logos.

The list goes on and on. The US tones market is not completely dead - but it's damn hard to play PPC right now given the restrictions and caps in place.

fwiw...you can get much better deals if you go direct with regards to ringtones nowadays..along with support for sprint.

edit: i take that back..just noticed sprint was gone this morning on my landing page. fuckers...

Status
Not open for further replies.