Ringtone Radio Advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

wheinrome

Nov 20, 2006
I have been scouring the net looking for examples and feedback on the efficacy of ringtone radio advertising and have found little to zero. I have a very brandable and memorable domain name that could do really well on the air.

Has anyone had any experience doing this?

I know a while ago there was a thread on TV (and possibly radio) advertising, see if I can dig it up.

If you have your own shortcode you don't have to rely on just the domain either and use that good 'ol "text blah blah blah to ####". Not sure offhand where you can get info, but there are definitely market research reports on this stuff.

i c wut u did thar
haha - seriously, the medium of radio is effective at driving traffic to websites. i've experimented (granted it's been w/ free radio inventory). drove 7000 visitors from a market of 200,000 to a classifieds site. Buy was valued at $5000. if i was using real money i would have done things differently (looked at sponsorships over spot buys, picked stations instead of a group buy, etc.). listen to late night radio, you'll hear the same shitty offers you bitches are pitching ;) - free trial offers (w/ auto rebill) of fish oil, colon cleanse, pc doctor / tutorial, etc. you can buy these spots from a media buyer and then you get placed across the country.

i suspect you don't hear the acai stuff because no one knows how to say it!

If you have your own shortcode you don't have to rely on just the domain either and use that good 'ol "text blah blah blah to ####". Not sure offhand where you can get info, but there are definitely market research reports on this stuff.

Yep, a Vanity code is even better for this...problem is u need to be sure to follow all the rules and regulation put forth by the MMA and individual carriers or it will be a short run... haha :updown:

Status
Not open for further replies.