Rick won!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyHippy

Apr 9, 2007
Rick Astley Wins Best Act Ever! | MTV UK

Rickrolling: Rick Astley named Best Act Ever at the MTV Europe Music Awards - Telegraph

The 42-year-old Englishman received 100 million votes – more than all the night's other winners combined – to take the title ahead of international stars such as U2, Britney Spears and The Beatles.

"We've been well and truly Rickrolled," Richard Godfrey, a senior vice-president at MTV and executive producer of the awards said.

If only they knew...

Should we let em know? Good publicity for WF, or would they brand us a bunch of "hackers"?

Nice one, Shady!

Astley's name was not included on the original award shortlist, but the public were allowed to nominate their own favourites and a groundswell of support quickly built up around the Lancastrian.

lmfao

Hmmm...

Website www.bestactever.com has reported over 945 million votes for Rick for his nomination in the Best Act Ever category at the MTV EMAs after closely monitoring votes since the beginning of October. It is thought the total amount of votes exceeds 1 billion which is more the than population of Europe! The website has sparked controversy over recent weeks when it was revealed that auto-voting was taking place, however it is thought that auto-votes have been made for all of the nominees. Rick fans from all over the world are expecting Rick to be announced as Best Act Ever at the Awards ceremony on Thursday night.

www.rickastley.co.uk

I am trying to come up with a tagline involving either "May the Force be with you" or "By the power of Grayskull", mixed up with Wickedfire AND/OR slightlyshady. Help me out guys.

I guess Jon was right, WF really has some weight in the industry. Ok, not on MTV, in general. This feat was damn amazing.

I watched the live stream and was really let down. They came on stage announced he was the winner (he didn't show) and one of the hosts accepted it for him. No music, they just moved on the whole thing lasted like 2mins.

A total let down for the over billion votes he got. Hell I did 500k or so my self. I really wanted to see him perform live.

Status
Not open for further replies.