Responsive Design Question

mpbiz

Apr 29, 2010
I have a responsive wordpress design. Only problem is I can only get things to stay aligned or centered on desktop or mobile, but not both. By default my theme makes everything look great on mobile, but on desktop things aren't perfectly aligned or centered unless I add extra div styling to them.

So how the fuck do you guys make everything stay perfect across all devices? Do I need to hard code rules for different devices?

I was under the impression that this wasn't necessary and that this was the whole point of using a responsive design in the first place.

Thanks for the help.

Short answer: yes, in most cases you'll have to use CSS media queries for each of the different sizes, adding in specific styling to "fix" any issues on the larger devices (assuming you're building using a mobile first approach.

The more simple the design, the greater the chance that one responsive design can be used for all window sizes. But to have a great looking site that is responsive across all devices, you will almost certainly need specific styles for each of the device sizes you are targeting.

Hope that helps.

when you are coding a website doesn't matter which language tool you are using, The code should be responsive and a style of coding should be robust that it should every screen. And in wordpress its most easy to do.

WordPress is widely used by people because it is open source and easy to use. If you want to create a responsive website, then you will also get responsive themes online free / paid and you can apply them on your website.