Reputation Management

pacman0r

Powered by Redbull
Dec 11, 2007
Toronto
www.academicads.ca
Anyone done any? Looking for a solid method to get some negative listings removed from search results (i.e. ripoff report postings)

Ive tried social media(fb/twitter/myspace) & wikipedia listings and managed to bump down the negative listings to the bottom of the page but I'm wondering if theres a more aggressive approach?

There are some people in this forum who can make those problems go away. I'm sure they don't want me to drop their names, but I know for a fact they're active posters.

Maybe they will get in touch with you. Good luck bros.

Depends on the keyword/s you're wanting to control. Most keyword/s you can get away with content distribution campaigns (websites, blogs, press, articles etc) but if it's super competitive (big name companies) you have to go entirely on a linking campaign.

Sounds like you're on the right path since you pushed it down to the bottom. You just have to keep building out content etc. You can pay a website (authority site) to host a page for you? You can be even more sneaky and get the links removed from the negative sites thus making it go down automatically? You can pay some craigslist poster to hit up some cities (temp solution)? You can build out your sub domains on the sites already ranking at the top (more than 2 listings per search page is ok with google you know)? Just some quick ideas.

you need to create enough unique properties to fill up at least the first 3-5 pages of results, probably more if possible.

Write a few good articles, create a bunch of web 2.0, article, blah blah accounts, then get post and get your linking on.

I would imagine that a good lawyer could contact them and get it removed.

That said - if the information on Ripoff Report is factually correct - it won't help.

Having dealt with RipOff extensively I can tell you there are three ways to get them off your back:

1. Passive - Pay them off. The arrangement I've seen this is $3k a month plus affiliate commissions from whatever they refer. For all this, they post a generic message that says your company values customer service. It still says "ripoff" on your SERPs. Probably negotiable depending on the industry.

2. Passive-Aggressive - Do as others have suggested and build any property you can to compete for the term. RipOffs tend to get a lot of citations in popular niches, so you may need some considerable link-building assets to feed those properties.

3. Aggressive - This isn't something I (or anyone else I know of who is clued in) will talk about on a public forum, or even in private in most circumstances. There are things out there that can be exploited to "negatively-optimize" a site. I personally know of and use two methods, but I'm sure there are more out there.

I've been using Google alerts mainly to see if anything arise about me specific of my companies (on forums and such) and I usually go in and try to address people directly if they are upset.

My names always being associated with running rebills on the rip off sites, it's just obnoxious.