Register an LLC for Free

tumblr_krtnsfqvLB1qzzhzdo1_500.jpg

Thanks

I have a question. What if I live in FL but I'm not a FL resident since I'm just a student here but my family lives in VA. Can I make a FL LLC just incase I decide to stay here after I graduate?

yes, you'll just need a registered agent inside of Florida in order to maintain the LLC after you leave (assuming you're going to be the registered agent now)

Last year BizFilings or maybe LegalZoom had a day where it was 100% free to form an LLC. Does anyone remember that date?

unless you're getting truly raped on fees, the state fees (which arent going to be made free by any site) are 90% of the costs associated with getting set up in any state worth filing in.

go to freeregisteredagent.com, which will actually sign you up via incorp.com but adds a tracking code to make the first year of registered agent service free.

this is the cheapest _reliable_ (important) service i've found for articles and reg agent

can you safely/legally register in another state with nothing but a registered agent?
i want to form an LLC but i live in san diego, and CA annual taxes for LLC are >=$800. i hear nevada is a lot cheaper for registration fees (people say "plus no income tax", but afaik, that's not applicable if i still live and work in california).

would something like legalzoom or freeregisteredagent.com give what i need to not get obliterated into a fine particle dust by the IRS/FTC/CIA/whoever?

would something like legalzoom or freeregisteredagent.com give what i need to not get obliterated into a fine particle dust by the IRS/FTC/CIA/whoever?

A corporation usually separates liability from personal/corporate assets. However, you really need the advice of a good lawyer to answer this question. You can't just claim "the corporation broke the law, not me!"

no, it will likely do absolutely nothing for what you mention and allude to there.

where corporations absorb liability are more normalized things- IE a lawsuit over patent infringement from a competitor not resulting in your home/personal assets seized if you lose or go bankrupt. Or corporate debt not rolling through to personal <this gets very sketchy>. Or some idiot suing you after their kid sticks your product in their eye blinding them. Etc.

But no- as we've seen time and time again officers of corporations are held accountable for their actions if they're illegal, and unless you want to start playing all sorts of very expensive and increasingly risky games (and you wouldn't - with questions like this being asked), you're better off not even going where your post alleges.

Of course you also want to talk to a qualified attorney or tax professional (CPA/tax attorney)

can you safely/legally register in another state with nothing but a registered agent?
i want to form an LLC but i live in san diego, and CA annual taxes for LLC are >=$800. i hear nevada is a lot cheaper for registration fees (people say "plus no income tax", but afaik, that's not applicable if i still live and work in california).

You're still going to have to pay the california taxes if your business is actually there. The only point of Nevada or Delaware corporation is for so that your legal problems are faced in their corporation friendly legal system.

You're still going to have to pay the california taxes if your business is actually there. The only point of Nevada or Delaware corporation is for so that your legal problems are faced in their corporation friendly legal system.

yeah but you're going to pay CA income taxes on the flow through income. you're NOT going to pay the $800 per year CA LLC fee. (which is $800 + and additional $900-2700ish last year and this year as well I believe if you make any real money).

It was cute having multiple companies LLC fees more than double on me last year.

This is of course on top of CA income tax assuming you're living in CA. So figure $1700/year you don't need to pay if you're somewhere cheap. I have a company in Florida, think it's like $90/year or something laughable.

yeah but you're going to pay CA income taxes on the flow through income. you're NOT going to pay the $800 per year CA LLC fee. (which is $800 + and additional $900-2700ish last year and this year as well I believe if you make any real money).

It was cute having multiple companies LLC fees more than double on me last year.

This is of course on top of CA income tax assuming you're living in CA. So figure $1700/year you don't need to pay if you're somewhere cheap. I have a company in Florida, think it's like $90/year or something laughable.
Yep. It's cheap. I think it's like $115 or something like that, can't remember.