Recommendations on dedicated host (managed)?

Thanks for the tip. Anyone want to recommend a host that they have actual experience with.

I need recommendations for a dedicated server, managed.

Thoughts?

I own UnmanagedHosting.com which was obviously supposed to be an unmanaged hosting provider but at this point, all of our servers are managed aside from one... most people want us to take care of everything so yeah, whatever :)

Here are the deals I can offer (all of them fully managed + free cPanel) if yearly billing is ok with you, first of all this server at $125/month:

Intel Sandy Bridge Quad Core Xeon E3 1230 with HyperThreading
4 GB RAM
Two 500 GB WD Caviar Black HDDs (RAID1)
2500 GB Bandwidth

Or this server at $155/month:

Intel Sandy Bridge Quad Core Xeon E3 1230 with HyperThreading
8 GB RAM
Two 500 GB WD Caviar Black HDDs (RAID1)
2500 GB Bandwidth

And last but not least, this monster at $250/month:

Dual Quad Core Intel XEON Gulftown E5606 (8 physical cores!)
32 GB RAM
4x Western Digital 500 GB RE4 RAID edition 7.2k rpm HDDs (4 HDDs/RAID10)
2500 GB Bandwidth

These are "WF only" deals, don't place an order through the site, PM me instead. </shameless plug>

Lately I did not have good experience with Dedis from EZPZ hosting, they have good shared hosting packages, but really bad support for dedis..

But, hostwinds are still doing their job really good when it comes to dedicated servers, so try it with them.

Are you looking for something that has no problems with shady stuff, or just more legit websites?

You can't go wrong with MojoHost.com - been with them for ten years or so and they're top notch, 24 hour ticket/phone support and great people.

I have a similar question. I'm currently in the process of acquiring an existing domain with very high PR and I need to decide on a hosting package...

Was looking at rackspace.com and they offer cloud and managed servers. Rates seem extremely expensive compared to other providers. I don't need much bandwidth or space.

Was reading some recommendations that suggest Pagerank is affected by the type of server (ie VPS vs Dedicated) so if you have a high pr site you should have a dedicated server.

What about the implications of the company?

ie. must I use netrack to ensure the PR remains high (I'm dealing with PR8 and PR 9 domains) or are cheaper dedicated servers from other less expensive providers the same from Google's perspective?

I don't think that the issue is really VPS vs. dedicated per se when it comes to rankings - the issue is performance (page load time, uptime, etc), and you're theoretically going to have the best chance at the best performance with a dedicated, since no one else will be on the box.

A cheap dedicated server is better than a pricey VPS. Are you looking for hosting inside or outside the US?