Recommendations for LA / Seattle

MikevanderHeijd

corporate hustler
Oct 11, 2008
Australia
Long time lurker here!

I am finally visiting the US (I'm from 'straya mate!) and will be in Seattle for Mozcon 2014 and after that will have a long weekend with a very good buddy of mine in LA (Thur - Mon).

Looking for suggestions on where to stay, go, see, nightlife etc.

Even a catch up if anyone is in the area?

If you're an aficionado of exotic flora and topiary then I highly recommend "Nickerson Gardens" in Los Angeles. Ask for Jamal to give you the tour.

Not very familiar with Seattle, but I do know my way around LA. Where in Los Angeles is your friend? If you like sports the Lakers will be getting their asses kicked at Staples Center and the Dodgers are playing at home as well. Try Philippe the Original, those fuckers invented the french dip sandwich.

Be prepared to highly overpay for your Lakers tickets if you go there. We paid $180 per seat someway far behind the basket lol. Still worth it though. (Right now probably only if the opposite team is good, heh)

If you're an aficionado of exotic flora and topiary then I highly recommend "Nickerson Gardens" in Los Angeles. Ask for Jamal to give you the tour.

Not very familiar with Seattle, but I do know my way around LA. Where in Los Angeles is your friend? If you like sports the Lakers will be getting their asses kicked at Staples Center and the Dodgers are playing at home as well. Try Philippe the Original, those fuckers invented the french dip sandwich.

Yes, Nickerson Gardens is second to none. The flora and fauna are overwhelming.

You forgot the Glass Showers bro...

I agree, CEOSam's Motel6 == Essentially and implicity: Royal Accommodations.

t0kkzWq.jpg

Don't forget the world-acclaimed cuisine delivered to your room in a style befitting the finest culinary experience.