Recommendations for an SEO audit?

pdxdvr

Dec 10, 2011
A site I manage for my day job has seen a pretty massive YoY decrease in traffic despite 1-2 unique SEO'd (but not over) articles per day. There were some writers we had on staff before I started that I think did some slightly shady link building, but we've never had a notice in GWT.

There is more competition in the niche for sure, but the number of keywords that bring traffic and general traffic stats are fairly extreme. I'm frustrated because all of my personal sites are reacting as expected to my various SEO experiments, but this site just seems to slip and slip regardless of what goes on and I'm just too burned out on the day job to keep digging.

I know how to audit sites, but I think my vision must be clouded on this one because I hate it and I'm missing something. Anybody have recommendations for someone who does a good audit who might be able to give me an idea on what's wrong?

Yes, I feel like a newb douchebag asking for someone to do an SEO audit for me, but I really just don't give a shit about this site. But my boss sure does.

If only there was someone on here who was known for doing quality SEO audits... hmmm.... drawing a blank..... :xomunch:

If only there was someone on here who was known for doing quality SEO audits... hmmm.... drawing a blank..... :xomunch:

Yeah, I apologize, I should have searched instead of posting. Was thinking I'd get reviews instead of sales pages, but most sales pages include reviews. Sorry, brain dead from working a trade show.

What does the site do when you build high quality links.?

Absolutely nothing. That's part of my frustration.

Sounds like they need to hire a new agency.

Agreed. If that was an attempted dig on me, it's misguided since I'm not paid by them for SEO. I maintain the blog, hire the writers, do social, and am the pretty public face at events. They leave me alone when the site is doing well, so I want to get it back to where it was so I never get another email from them. I haven't gotten the email, so I'm hoping to fix whatever is going on before I do.

WF member and http://serpiq.com co-founder dchuk has a pretty cool service for just this purpose.

RocketAudit - Perfect SEO Site Audits At Incredible Prices

Thank you, I appreciate it.