Reccomend me some music like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazyD

$monies = false;
Dec 7, 2006
Wine Cuntry
wildfoxmedia.com
So, im not sure if this will turn out to be helpful or a complete waste of time but how bout this....

I know some people, including myself may have found an artist or a few songs they like for a certain genre and would like to find more music similar to it but dont know a whole lot about the artist, genre, etc.

Post songs/artists here that you like and see if someone can suggest music that is similar, comparable, etc.

Can anyone suggest some songs/artists similar to BT or Tiesto? In particular BT - Flaming June

Thanks...

BT & Tiesto are Trance DJ's...not my thing (more of a prog house guy) but if you like their music definatly check out Paul Van Dyke & Armin Van Burren

stroz, thanks for the heads up, I actually got Paul Van Dyke's latest CD, ive heard its worlds apart from his older stuff. Ill check out Armin Van Burren as well, thanks

Actually working on a site like this now. This will be a great test.
Here's your Similar artists results on the top right
BT
Tiesto <-looks like he works mostly with other dj's

A couple of years ago, someone had this big launch of a site that showed a cloud of interlinked music genres and song styles visually. You could type in a song or artist name, and it would graphically show linked "clouds" in various colors and sizes depending on the relevancy and closeness of similar matches. It was pretty cool and worked surprisingly well for suggesting themed styles / genres.

Sort of like a "if you like this, you will very likely also like these" type of tool for finding new music.

Wish I could remember what it was called though...

Have you tried Pandora? Also, DI.FM and get the trance channel. When you hear shit you like, look to see what's playing and google it.

JamesH, ive tried Pandora, I tend to get alot of wonky results that quiet honestly dont sound a damn thing like what im looking for.

Nacho, maybe its just me but all of the DL/Play links seem to be fubared

Actually working on a site like this now. This will be a great test.
Here's your Similar artists results on the top right
BT
Tiesto <-looks like he works mostly with other dj's

Site rocks Eli. Tried about 10 different combinations and they all come back with excellent results.

A good starting point would be anything on the Anjunabeats or Armada label. These are some of my favorites in that genre:
Above and Beyond
Menno de Jong
Kyau & Albert
Super 8 & Tab
Andy Moor
Markus Schulz
Deadmau5
Armin van Buuren
Niklas Harding
Ronski Speed
Thomas Datt
Darren Tate
M.I.K.E.
John O'Callahan

Let me know if you need help finding good sites for downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.