Really interesting adsense behaviour!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicify

Jul 22, 2006
Europe
you.se
I have 2 adblocks on one of my sites.
The one which is first in the html code is far more down on the site.
And the one that is last in the code is higher up on the page.
So I thought as the highest paying ads are shown first, they would be on the one which is first in the code.
But since I removed the other one, which is last in the code, my ppc has gone much higher for the block I still have left! And this is also my block with highest ctr. So might it be that the adsense block which is shown highest up on the page is actually the one with higher paying ads? It could be a coincidence though.

What's your experience on this?

If the one that you removed had a poor CTR and/or EPC, it might have been causing some smart-pricing issues, and now that it's gone, your pricing is better? That would be my guess.

I have 2 adblocks on one of my sites.
The one which is first in the html code is far more down on the site.
And the one that is last in the code is higher up on the page.
So I thought as the highest paying ads are shown first, they would be on the one which is first in the code.
But since I removed the other one, which is last in the code, my ppc has gone much higher for the block I still have left! And this is also my block with highest ctr. So might it be that the adsense block which is shown highest up on the page is actually the one with higher paying ads? It could be a coincidence though.

What's your experience on this?

my experience is, that 1 adsense block alone brings optimal payout.
less is definitely more.

i never could verify though, that the order has any influence at all. for me, it was always only about the number of blocks shown that influenced the ppc i got.

The first adsense block is always the highest from my testing. I give each block different channels so it is easy to see. This is why I only have one block on some pages where the niche payouts aren't very good. I put aff links in the place of other blocks instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.