Ranking on Foreign Google

sixthcutuan

Peculiar Member
Apr 18, 2011
Scotland
Hey,

I have a Slovak site that I want to rank on the first page of google.sk. I had been a reasonable amount of blog comments over the last week and was getting frustrated that it had still not shown in up in the top thousand for what I thought was a very easy target (.sk is easy). I checked the .com page today out of interest and found it was on the second page! (This is a multi-million dollar industry - the main keyword). I'm pretty sure the problem is that ive been posting to .com sites and to rank on google.sk /.cz you need domain extensions of .sk/.cz (I guess). I find these are VERY hard to find on scrapebox however, I went 900 slovak keywords in scrapebox and got about 50 sites back. Most didnt work and none were autoapprove.

So my question is: How do you rank on a foreign TLD (My domain is .sk) without much more effort than scrapebox?

Thanks in advance.

- Get a country specific TLD for your website
- Submit your website on local search engines
- Submit your website to local directories
- Get backlinks from target country

- Get a country specific TLD for your website
- Submit your website on local search engines
- Submit your website to local directories
- Get backlinks from target country

Ah yes I completely forgot about directories, great advice thanks.

I've also thought about another one. Get a web2.0 on a .sk domain and then it doesn't matter what backlinks you pump at it because Google can't see backlinks two levels deep. Is that a sound plan?

Thanks.