Ranking a site in 2013?

john-e-cash

The paper chaser
Dec 14, 2011
Hi All,

I'm about to get a new site up and running and need a little advice. In the past (pre panda) i got quite a few of my own sites ranked on page 1 of google without too much hasssle - emd, high pr links, keyword rich content, images/vids and that was about enough to please Google.

After doing some research i'm of the opinion that an emd is not the way to go, it seems like Google are hot on emd's at the moment and your emd site would need to be super white to avoid being penalised.

My question is could anybody share some light on what is needed to rank a site well on Google at the present time, Links? Content? Social? Blogs? etc

Thanks!

EMD are still fine; what you do with the EMD is what matters.

Have great quality content. Build some backlinks, make it look natural with your velocity and anchor diversity. Get some good social shares and some secret sauce.. :thumbsup: You'll get it. Trial and error and learn from your mistakes.

They definitely rank, just seems as though they are attracting too much heat from Google at the moment.

A little tip for you: It's not the name that G isn't in love with, it's shit content / single page sites / landing pages. EMDs are fine if it's a 'genuine' site. It would do you well to try and understand Google a little more and you may come to learn exactly what it does & doesn't rank and the reasons, rather than just assume these things.

Hi All,

I'm about to get a new site up and running and need a little advice. In the past (pre panda) i got quite a few of my own sites ranked on page 1 of google without too much hasssle - emd, high pr links, keyword rich content, images/vids and that was about enough to please Google.

After doing some research i'm of the opinion that an emd is not the way to go, it seems like Google are hot on emd's at the moment and your emd site would need to be super white to avoid being penalised.

My question is could anybody share some light on what is needed to rank a site well on Google at the present time, Links? Content? Social? Blogs? etc

Thanks!

The useful ways of getting your page ranked:)

:- Check whether the page has a Unique Content or it should stand as the
ODD man out while searched relevant to the Keyword

:- Check the domain of your page whether its is aged or not

:- Can create social media links in the page which will help boosting the Page Rank

Dude, Links and contents are might increase your ranking....

-make the contents as much as unique that are to be niche relevant

-make the permanent backlinks with high PR

I guess it will helps to you....:)

I think blog commenting , web 2.0 and link wheeling will helps you

Everything works dependent on your niche, competition and your knowledge level.

EMDs still give you more or less instant page 2 and need less push to top out.

Social signals look good for user engagement, if real even better as you have a legitimate following, but questionable as to whether they help your serp.

With all that I have sites/pages that top 5 and even #1 with no off page SEO at all! SEO = NO SEO - Confused much?

First things first, what's your plan, long term, short term? If you want to keep the site like forever then only use high quality trusted sites to get links on and always think, doe's it look shifty to you, if you reviewed the site/link would you instantly think purpose built for links?

As always, test, test and test some more. Nothing works all the time.