Rank Tracking Discrepancies

mossberg

Jun 21, 2011
Can anyone advise on why I might be getting this rank tracking discrepancy issue...

• most rank trackers (serp fox, rankerizer, and un-personalized google search) put one of my keywords at around 35
What Page of Google Am I On? - A Free SEO Tool and Rank Tracker shows it around 70
• GWebmasterTools reports it with Avg Rank of 100 the last few weeks
• Chrome Incognito mode doesn't show it in the top 150+!?

Thanks~

Not every serp is the same.

Searching for "blue widgets" on google.com in phoenix will not necessarily give you the same result as searching for it from new york.

Also the serps can fluctuate during the day. So... each rank tracker accesses different google servers/serps to pull its data.

I've found serpfox to be one of the most accurate trackers. If I want to manually check something I usually use pagewash.com and do a googie search through there.

RankTracker works great, but do keep in mind rankings fluctuate especially if you're still building trust. Google has tons of data centers around the world & unless your SEO is rock solid for a certain position, you will show up differently in various locations.

Personally I've used a few, but I came to prefer serpfox over all others, extremely simple with updates every 4 hours. They even have a free account for 10 kw's

RankTracker works great, but do keep in mind rankings fluctuate especially if you're still building trust. Google has tons of data centers around the world & unless your SEO is rock solid for a certain position, you will show up differently in various locations.

I personally use microsite masters, but this is perfect information.

With all of the localization and personalization, it is impossible to get a accurate read on rankings. You just have to go with an average. I would try not to focus too much on ranking for specific terms but instead watch the traffic.

I normally get pretty stable results with SEO PowerSuite's Rank Tracker. There may minor day-to-day fluctuations, but no drastic differences. Don't know about other tools, though. When I just began using Rank Tracker, I'd click on the result in it to see the actual SERP. But I don't do that any longer.