quick IO terms question

MSTeacher

Jun 19, 2010
While doing any business with them, and for six months thereafter, the publisher cannot "directly or indirectly, enter into any business relationship or agreement with any [network] Advertiser or an agent thereof..."

In other words I cannot go direct with any offer on their network for six months after working with them?

This will not likely be an issue in this network any time soon, I just don't push heavy traffic to any single cpa offer on their network for this to be a conflict. So it's not a dealbreaker or anything, but six months does seem like a long time for those in different circumstances.

I can see why networks put this in place, discouraging pubs from walking once they strike gold with an offer. But for the sake of argument, depending on the pub's traffic sources, footprints, etc. I'm guessing it's difficult for a network to know whether or not a pub broke this part of the agreement?

tumblr_lcuu78C4Hr1qz7ltxo1_400.jpg

tumblr_lja1dwz3bs1qckuedo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lkype5Vo8Y1qa1m48o1_500.jpg

Reactions: jeffrey

In fact, it is very hard to catch you if you did run some offers from them from other cpa networks who broke the offers from .

The reason why CPA networks put this in agreement is they want to put them in safe position. That is it.

In fact, it is very hard to catch you if you did run some offers from them from other cpa networks who broke the offers from .

The reason why CPA networks put this in agreement is they want to put them in safe position. That is it.
You really irritate me.

At OP, your tit threads have been of top-notch quality as of late.

i think they sent you an exclusivity IO.
It's a special IO if you want to be an exclusive offer on their network. Otherwise most network IOs don't have that clause.

i think they sent you an exclusivity IO.
It's a special IO if you want to be an exclusive offer on their network. Otherwise most network IOs don't have that clause.

Not sure what you mean..the offer isn't exclusive, other networks have it. Or do you mean they sent an advertiser's IO, not a publisher's?

That is a bit out of the ordinary for a network to send a publisher an IO like that especially including verbiage like that. A network sent that to you to sign - and you are a publisher on that network?

Brian

With how confusing his wording above was and he still hasn't clarified his role with the network I'm no longer surprised they sent him the wrong paperwork. #whocares

That is a bit out of the ordinary for a network to send a publisher an IO like that especially including verbiage like that. A network sent that to you to sign - and you are a publisher on that network?

Brian

Yes.

With how confusing his wording above was and he still hasn't clarified his role with the network I'm no longer surprised they sent him the wrong paperwork. #whocares

Rereading my post I can see how it's confusing. Yeah I'm a new publisher to the network. It was pretty straight forward, I applied with a site that has quality traffic for the offer I was after, they accepted, I applied to the offer, they said yes and sent the IO.

Anyway I got clarification about it from them.