Questions about Media Buys

JarredLv

Rape and Pillage Canada!
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas
Forgive me if I used the wrong term, but if I'm not mistaken Media Buys are when you purchase banner space on another website? Well, I've had something I've wanted to try. I've gathered a list of 100 or so blogs that I can advertise CPA offers on for around $10-15 a month. Each of them gets 6-10 thousand impressions a month. I was curious if anyone had experience doing the same thing? How profitable has it been for you?

How should I promote what I'm going to be selling? Is direct linking okay? How do you set up tracking if you are direct linking? And is this a waste of time for so few impressions? The only reason I'm considering it is because the price is low, I figure give three or four of them a try and see what kind of returns I get. Thanks for any advice.

PitchedOne.jpg

Decimate.jpg

800,000 rough impressions a month for $15? Sounds like a great deal. Get your banner CTR up in myspace ads first to help reduce initial costs.

800,000 rough impressions a month for $15? Sounds like a great deal. Get your banner CTR up in myspace ads first to help reduce initial costs.

My mistake, that's 10-15 dollars a month per blog. A few are cheaper. And what are you talking about in regards to MySpace? Not sure if I'm ready or even have the funds to start playing around with Social Networks.

So assume you would pay out $1000 for 800K impressions. You're looking at an $0.80 cpm. It's in the neighborhood of remnant traffic prices but you won't be able to do much optimization without a fuck ton of work on your part unless you are going to give the publishers a bunch of openx tags to run. I might suggest segmenting out the blogs and trying to target a little better into 100K impression groups.