Question on phpbay? Am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

writtenstyle

newbie taking action
Nov 3, 2008
I am new to affiliate marketing. I have been successful by accident, but I am starting to get more interested in this.

With phpbay, it seems you only get paid like $2-$8 per sale, depending on niche, per sale. How is this profitable? I just wrote 25 articles for 7 different niches for a guy to market his phpbay sites. He paid me very good, but he must believe he can make that money back.

Question, how are such small comissions worth marketing phpbay? What is it I am missing? I read the great article about using phpbay, just have trouble wrapping my brain around this. I mean, dont you have to use adwords to advertise?

Thanks..and BTW, this is the noob section so I hope I am not out of line.

Theres a ton of ways to drive traffic to your phpBay sites. Finding a low competition niche, working SEO on it and add fresh content.. Once you dominate the SERPs, you're going to be getting a good amount of targeted traffic. Then its on to the next niche. I know people making decent passive income using this simple method. All about scaling.

Theres a ton of ways to drive traffic to your phpBay sites. Finding a low competition niche, working SEO on it and add fresh content.. Once you dominate the SERPs, you're going to be getting a good amount of targeted traffic. Then its on to the next niche. I know people making decent passive income using this simple method. All about scaling.

So, should I build a bunch of sites? Is that the key to success? It still doesnt get me making the kind of money you AM's talk about.

You just answered your own question ... one site makes you $2 a day, another site makes you $10 a day, have 10 of those sites and the money adds up.

It's not rocket science.

I think phpBay is great, once you build the site out which is usually a really quick turnaround if you know what your doing, with a few exceptions its basically passive income. Build the site, do some basic link building, submit to directories, social bookmarking etc. Then just add an article once a week.

My first phpBay site was built on a whim to test it out. That site now gets about 50 - 100 uniques a day and brings in about $100 a month with me doing nothing except adding that one article every week and a little bit of link building. I know its not a ton of money but I have 5 sites now that brought in a little over $700 for october. Mainly passive income.

The key to phpBay is scaling, just like stack said. If you have 20 sites, doing around $100 a month, thats $2k in fairly passive income a month. With the amount of commisions you will get adwords is a bad idea imo.

I am new to affiliate marketing. I have been successful by accident, but I am starting to get more interested in this.

With phpbay, it seems you only get paid like $2-$8 per sale, depending on niche, per sale. How is this profitable? I just wrote 25 articles for 7 different niches for a guy to market his phpbay sites. He paid me very good, but he must believe he can make that money back.

Question, how are such small comissions worth marketing phpbay? What is it I am missing? I read the great article about using phpbay, just have trouble wrapping my brain around this. I mean, dont you have to use adwords to advertise?

Thanks..and BTW, this is the noob section so I hope I am not out of line.

Status
Not open for further replies.