Question from a newbie- affiliate software for designing services

eyegee

Sep 2, 2013
www.infographics.cc
Hello guys,

I have been running a Infographic designing team for quite some time and then I thought it is time to hit the next orbit. I have been primarily working with local clients and I am trying to get more varied clients. Now, among other things, I am depending on affiliate marketing to get me more sales.

From whatever I have understood from Google, I can either opt for a managed/hosted/leased affiliate solution like Omnistar/ShareaSale or downloadable/owned scripts like iDevAffiliate/JAM.

Given that I
a) do not have a huge upfront budget
b) do not have any experience whatsoever in starting/growing an affiliate network

but I do have

a) technical skills
b) cheap manpower

which option(leased/owned) will you recommend?

Please note that I offer IGs in predefined packs (for example - Gold, diamond and platinum).

Cheers
Sam

From whatever I have understood from Google, I can either opt for a managed/hosted/leased affiliate solution like Omnistar/ShareaSale or downloadable/owned scripts like iDevAffiliate/JAM.

This isn't right. I think you are getting confused.

Here are your options:

Self Hosted - Example: iDevAffiliate - You Install On Your Server, many are one time fee, with no or low monthly charges.

3rd Party Hosted - Example: Omnistar - You pay per month, its on their server.

Network - Example: ShareaSale - You pay per CPA, they take a cut in the general 25-40% range, and pay the affiliates. They get affiliates eyeballs on the offer.

What I do, is I have a 3rd party hosted, which I link through Networks. This way I have my own tracking data. Also is good for running people directly because not everyone wants to send traffic through a network.

We have a hosted affiliate software that does not have a huge upfront budget. All you pay is our monthly and click fee ($79 per month + .95 cents per 1k clicks) and you don't have to worry about a network taking a percentage of your sales.

What I do, is I have a 3rd party hosted, which I link through Networks.

Hey,

Thanks for the insight. I guess I have way too much homework to do before I sink in my $$s in affiliate marketing. Reading up whatever Google is throwing on Affiliate marketing. Hoping to get a working understanding soon.