Question for the dudes.. Recommend me your fav electric shaver (aff.links welcome)

ImagesAndWords

StayblCam.com
Nov 7, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
www.stayblcam.com
When I get to the U.S. next week, I'm gonna need a new electric shaver, as my old Braun one will be worthless (it doesn't take 110V current).

I've been looking at this one:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES8243A-Nano-Rechargeable-Shaver/dp/B001DKMY9Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1281512553&sr=1-3"]Amazon.com: Panasonic ES8243A Arc IV Nano Men's Wet/Dry Rechargeable Shaver, Blue: Beauty[/ame]

Any better ones I should consider?
Shoot me your Amazon links and I'll buy through the one who can sell me on the best one. ;)

Thanx!

You moving already? Sucks man as I was planning to come to norway in about a month. :(

I have never heard of anyone that used an electric shaver and loved it. You may be the first.

I use [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Merkur-Model-178-Classic-Straight/dp/B000LY2AKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1281513058&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Merkur Model 178 Classic Safety Razor, Straight: Health & Personal…[/ame] and [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Feather-Hi-Stainless-Platinum-Double-Blades/dp/B001G5FOLI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1281513134&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Feather Hi-Stainless Platinum Double Edge Razor Blades 10 Ct: Health & Personal Care[/ame] and [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Art-Shaving-Unscented-Hypoallergenic-Cream/dp/B000QV2TBQ/ref=sr_1_60?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1281513170&sr=1-60]Amazon.com: Art of Shaving Essential Oil Shaving Cream 2.5oz (Choose Scent): Health & Personal Care[/ame] and [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Edwin-Jagger-1ej947sds-Traditional-English/dp/B002QI45Z0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1281513195&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Edwin Jagger 1ej947sds Traditional English Best Badger Hair Shaving Brush Faux Ivory Medium With Drip Stand, Ivory, Medium: Health & Personal Care[/ame]

Ill never got back to normal shaving again. Blades cost near nothing and it shaves better than any razor electric or other wise ive owned. Make the switch and try it out.

I've never really had a great experience shaving with a traditional hand held razor (ie Gillette Fusion or similar type). I know some people swear by the double edge blades but I'm really afraid of just cutting the fuck out of my neck, like what happens when I use a more traditional hand held.

Love the electrics, easy and quick. The only thing I hate is that the newer and better models all require you to buy these cleaning packs which is a giant turnoff.

I use this [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-9876-536-Rechargeable-Cordless-Trimmer/dp/B000GP0H84/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1281527718&sr=1-22]Amazon.com: Wahl 9876-536 Rechargeable/Cordless Beard Trimmer: Health & Personal Care[/ame] and [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-7367-500-Multi-Head-Personal-Trimmer/dp/B0000AKADC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1274287936&sr=1-1"]Amazon.com: Wahl 7367-500 Custom Shave System Multi-Head Shaver with Bonus Personal Trimmer:…[/ame]

does the job

Why don't you shave with class

BO140600DAMa.jpg

Its on sale right now for
Boker Damascus Stainless Straight Razor 5/8" Stainless Blade

Part Number: BO140600DAM
Manufacturer: Boker
Retail Price:$1299.00
You Pay: $876.95 You Save: $422.05 (32%)

I have never heard of anyone that used an electric shaver and loved it. You may be the first.

Ill never got back to normal shaving again. Blades cost near nothing and it shaves better than any razor electric or other wise ive owned. Make the switch and try it out.

^ This

I've had an expensive Remington and a Norelco, and hated both. The blades would pop through the metal mesh screening, and my face would be a bloody mess. I use this: http://www.shavingstuff.com/archives/fusion_power.jpg

Its on sale right now for
Boker Damascus Stainless Straight Razor 5/8" Stainless Blade

Part Number: BO140600DAM
Manufacturer: Boker
Retail Price:$1299.00
You Pay: $876.95 You Save: $422.05 (32%)

Never shaved with damascus, they seem too overpriced and just "pretty". This is the next one I buy: Thiers-Issard Straight Razors

Love the olive wood and a bigger blade (7/8") makes for a more manageable razor (for me). Most people end up liking bigger blades. One of my favorites from the past was a 8/8 JA Henckels. A full one inch from spine to edge. Called it the "Snowplow". Big, heavy, wicked sharp, and super smoooooooooth. Only issue with the bigger blades is between your upper lip and nose.

Sorry ImagesandWords, didn't mean to derail your thread.

In response to the original question, a wet / dry Norelco is nice. You can use it in the shower or car just as easily. And they hold a charge for a decent length of time.

The above is pretty much exactly what I'd say.

Last week, I switched to a Double-Edged razor. It takes longer but I get zero razor burn from it. Yesterday morning, I had to shave quickly before work and went to my Mach3 Power with a brand new cartridge... razor-fucking burn like always and a shitty shave.

Go the Double-Edged route and you won't regret it. As long as you're careful in the beginning, the fear of slitting your own throat goes away after a little while.

I recommend checking out the Badger & Blade website. That's where I got all my info.

Get rid of that cheap, Chinese-made, overly expense excuse of a shaver - that goes for you cartridge and electric people.

^ This

I've had an expensive Remington and a Norelco, and hated both. The blades would pop through the metal mesh screening, and my face would be a bloody mess. I use this: http://www.shavingstuff.com/archives/fusion_power.jpg
I used regular fusion for a year and been using Fusion Power for about 3 months. In general I get a lot of cuts from Gillette - no idea why.

I used Wilkinson Qattarino (SP?) Platinum. It was a bit expensive than Gillette but the shave was FAR smoother. I am going to give it a longer trial run for a few months and see how it matches up to gillette.

PS: Another vote for Wet Shave. I just can't stand electric razors.

The above is pretty much exactly what I'd say.

Last week, I switched to a Double-Edged razor. It takes longer but I get zero razor burn from it. Yesterday morning, I had to shave quickly before work and went to my Mach3 Power with a brand new cartridge... razor-fucking burn like always and a shitty shave.

Go the Double-Edged route and you won't regret it. As long as you're careful in the beginning, the fear of slitting your own throat goes away after a little while.

I recommend checking out the Badger & Blade website. That's where I got all my info.

Get rid of that cheap, Chinese-made, overly expense excuse of a shaver - that goes for you cartridge and electric people.

This guy could be my twin. +1 on this entire post.

I have a beard, so I shape/trim with a Norelco electric trimmer set (adjustable lengths etc) and then shave with a Braun electric shaver.

My Braun is kind of old and needs new blades, but has worked great for a long time. I don't know the model # offhand, but I've tried other brands and was never happy with anything but Braun.

I've never really had a great experience shaving with a traditional hand held razor (ie Gillette Fusion or similar type). I know some people swear by the double edge blades but I'm really afraid of just cutting the fuck out of my neck, like what happens when I use a more traditional hand held.

Love the electrics, easy and quick. The only thing I hate is that the newer and better models all require you to buy these cleaning packs which is a giant turnoff.

The double blade razor that I posted is considered a "safety" razor. It has sort of protective glide on the sides. The only way you can cut your self is to move the blade sideways in a slicing movement. I didn't cut my self for the first 3 months I had it.

Another thing to mention is that if anyone is new to double blades you have to buy several blades to find the right brand. Sample Packs sells sample packs so you can try and find your right blade. I went with the feather because I have wicked coarse hair. Its a japanese blade touted to be ninja assassin sharp. If I try any other blade on a few days growth im fucked.

Some of the best damn steel ever made for straights. Hold a wicked edge for a very long time. AND it doesn't care if you have 110v, 220v or 440v (for those of you using electric chainsaws to shave with)

Brave man... one day ill make it to a straight blade. These damn safety razors are just so easy to use though and ive never seen one used as a murder weapon.

Wow, lots of good tips here guys! Makes me really wanna look into some cool wet shaving gear. Tempted to try the double blade route although I think I would still like to keep a dry shaver handy in addition to a wet shave kit for quick morning shaves while traveling or whatever.

Btw, Lmao @ at the lighter shave comment...

You moving already? Sucks man as I was planning to come to norway in about a month. :(

Yeah man, I'm leaving for good on the 18th. Too bad you're missing me by only a month. I wrote about my move here. But hey - now it's a good time to get your ass over to visit the states and - and visit me at the same time. :D How about coming to AdTech in November, or joining us all at ASW in Vegas in January?

I stopped using electric shavers after one day I thought it would be a good idea to shave down the ball fro with it.

Brave man... one day ill make it to a straight blade. These damn safety razors are just so easy to use though and ive never seen one used as a murder weapon.

If you're already using a Merkur, you're way closer to shaving with a straight than most. You probably already understand how important prep is, and that's 90% of wet shaving. I have never cut or even nicked myself with a straight, contrary to "safety" razors (not Merkurs, but Mach 3's, etc). Also, razor burn is nearly non-existent. You would think that more blades would equal less pressure, less burn, but it really doesn't. A straight requires very little pressure at all, it just glides over your skin. And a good glycerin based soap will help moisturize at the same time. The only time I got razor burn was with a tiny 4/8 Henckels when I back bladed (went against the grain) in the mustache area. It wasn't the razor so much as the area. Not a good idea for me.

I'll stop now. I'm rambling because I love talking about straight razors and shaving, but that's not what ImagesandWords asked about. My apologies I&W.