Question for any adult webmasters

Otinsdale

Nov 11, 2009
nyc
hey, I just have a quick question for any people that are or have been webmasters for adult sites/models.

I have a friend who does cam stuff that is in the planning stages of putting up a pay site for herself. pics, videos, usual.

she hit me up today saying some shit about her lawyer and all these crazy figures which kind of sound like he's trying to get a bunch of cash and % out of her for not doing much.

what would you ballpark a site at for a model with pics/vids. kind of dope looking I'd imagine but just a models adult site..

what is a normal % for an adult webmaster to charge and do you guys typically also work on running traffic to the site if it isn't a bigger site that uses affiliates.

I've never looked into any of this on the adult side but i guess she was getting six figure numbers thrown at her so I was kind of like ???

figured I'd see if anyone here had any quick insight.

thanks!

When I ran a few adult sites years ago getting traffic to them was always very easy, but it was always useless traffic to have with terrible conversion rates, because no one pays for that shit anymore. No starter could possibly compete with the tube sites! Obv there's a few big players around like Brazzers, but they have had time to build up a large network of sites and they have also picked up awards along the way for their affiliate program, they won best adult website etc. Unless she's some big time model, I'd advise her to save herself the time and effort.

hey, I just have a quick question for any people that are or have been webmasters for adult sites/models.
figured I'd see if anyone here had any quick insight.

thanks!

If she is hot and young she could apply for a larger network like onhercam.

When I ran a few adult sites years ago getting traffic to them was always very easy, but it was always useless traffic to have with terrible conversion rates, because no one pays for that shit anymore. No starter could possibly compete with the tube sites! Obv there's a few big players around like Brazzers, but they have had time to build up a large network of sites and they have also picked up awards along the way for their affiliate program, they won best adult website etc. Unless she's some big time model, I'd advise her to save herself the time and effort.

^excellent advice

Six figures?! what lol. no.

The lawyer may be wanting to write up the sites terms of service and privacy policy as well as a contract for model release. thats typically $1200 to get a legit lawyer to do it all and have you protected from crazy models wanting their pics taken off and etc. (or you can just get some standard ones from the net and edit them BUT thats not gunna protect you as much as a legit one drawn up specifically for you and have a lawyer go over your site and make sure its all legal imo)

Starting a solo girl site will cost you low/mid 4 figures. You will have to pay the awesome $750 fee to Visa in order to be able to process their cc's and have your site reviewed before they approve you. adult = considered high risk.

For processing most people use http://CCbill.com]CCBill , Epoch, and Zombaio

CCbill takes - 14% if yer processing under 2k/mo.
Epoch takes - 15% if yer processing under 5k/mo.
Zombaio takes - 5%-7%

With these processers its free to signup but you will need to have your site online and functioning & ready to show them (they even need to see the members area).

Design. Are you making this site all yourself or are you gunna have to pay for design? so factor that in.

Hosting. any 100mBit dedicated server will do, $100-150.

The price points you set are really up to you and whatever creative ways you can think of getting the most out of your member.

Lets not forget that the adult industry is still a multi million dollar a year industry and there is tons of $ to be made. fuck tube sites. I started an adult site in the middle of a recession and a decline in adult biz and i'm not having any problems getting sales.

You can PM me if you have any questions.

this girl on howardTV was saying she makes $1500/day doing cam shows all day, I remember her saying she did it through one of the cam sites (pretty sure it was myfreecams.com), I've seen pics of her online with her house and cars... seems easier and quicker to get going than a pay site, the paysite could always be a "upsell" to the cam shows... can see a clip of her talking about it at the bottom of this page http://www.howard.tv/missHowardTV/November2010

Apparently these days there are so many cam models that to make money with it you have to be sending traffic somehow.

Anyway, it's cheap. Hosting, design and a good adult CMS are easy to acquire on a shoestring budget. No reason to not start an affiliate program either. It's not hard at all and do you really want to worry about sending your own traffic? That's way more expensive than producing the site itself.

I've never operated an adult site, so this could be completely worthless advice, but here's my take:

Contrary to what some have said in this thread, I believe that you CAN make VERY GOOD money in the adult niche.

However, times have changed and you won't be pulling down six figures with thumbnail galleries or a tube site...those that are making money that way are already well established.

Here's what you need:

• An Exclusive and Extremely Hot Girl
  • High Quality Content (Pictures and HD Video, obviously copy/sharing protected in some way)
  • Consistent Updates (not only the site content but also updates through a personal blog and twitter)
  • Monthly Membership Priced somewhere around $17

As for what the extremely hot girl should be doing on her site...you've got to develop her into her own "character" of sorts. So depending on her age, and what she looks like, it could be a "lonely school girl", or "wife home alone", or even "dominatrix".

Also: Make sure when creating content that you get content for a month, or several months at one time...that way if the girl bails, or is unavailable for whatever reason,
you'll still have content to update the site with.

One more thing: Your site "preview area" has to show some of the sexiest content (non nude) that you have..make sure it's REALLY GOOD.
The visitor should be ready to wank with one hand, and grabbing his credit card with the other. Remember, your girl is exclusive, so the only
way he gets those HD videos of your girl in all her glory is to cough up the $$$.

Six figures?! what lol. no.

The lawyer may be wanting to write up the sites terms of service and privacy policy as well as a contract for model release. thats typically $1200 to get a legit lawyer to do it all and have you protected from crazy models wanting their pics taken off and etc. (or you can just get some standard ones from the net and edit them BUT thats not gunna protect you as much as a legit one drawn up specifically for you and have a lawyer go over your site and make sure its all legal imo)

Starting a solo girl site will cost you low/mid 4 figures. You will have to pay the awesome $750 fee to Visa in order to be able to process their cc's and have your site reviewed before they approve you. adult = considered high risk.

For processing most people use http://CCbill.com]CCBill , Epoch, and Zombaio

CCbill takes - 14% if yer processing under 2k/mo.
Epoch takes - 15% if yer processing under 5k/mo.
Zombaio takes - 5%-7%

With these processers its free to signup but you will need to have your site online and functioning & ready to show them (they even need to see the members area).

Design. Are you making this site all yourself or are you gunna have to pay for design? so factor that in.

Hosting. any 100mBit dedicated server will do, $100-150.

The price points you set are really up to you and whatever creative ways you can think of getting the most out of your member.

Lets not forget that the adult industry is still a multi million dollar a year industry and there is tons of $ to be made. fuck tube sites. I started an adult site in the middle of a recession and a decline in adult biz and i'm not having any problems getting sales.

You can PM me if you have any questions.

I can't pm you. Can you pm me about the adult site and the info in your signature.