Question about 301 redirects and multiple domains in the same niche on one IP

cchap

Jun 26, 2008
Denver, CO
I am about to purchase 2 TLD's (Top Level Domains) in the same niche with one already existing on my hosting account. These domains have lots of backlinks, PR, and long domain age. I want to 301 redirect them to my already established site in the same niche.

When purchasing domains I normally do not purchase the WHOIS privacy, and am currently running about 36 domains. I have heard that Google can read the IP address your site is coming from and will sometimes drop rankings for a particular site or even de-index your site if too many domains in the same market are coming from the same IP address or hosting account. Same goes for linking all your sites together that come from the same IP address.

My question is; is it time to get a new hosting account and purchase those domains separately with the new account. Especially if you are expecting high volume traffic?

Make sure, if redirect doesn't cause SEO of your established site, even you are using 301

I don't quite follow that. Should I get a new hosting account for those domains I plan on 301 redirecting to my already established site?