Quality Score vs. Niches

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnomic

Good Deal!
Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
dnko.net
I'm a super noob, but I've had good luck so far running adwords straight to the affiliate landing page, even good conversion sending campaigns straight to my parking service (I'm mostly a domainer).

Since I'm avoiding my own content completely, I'm I suffering in the quality score department?? I'm keeping my keywords niche and at very low competition. I hear talk of running more popular programs (for ringtones, etc...) and I can imagine that that's very competitive and so maybe quality score matters there more...?? I'm I thinking right?

update: Sorry, I thought quality score had to do with the content at the end of the adwords link... never mind. Never hurts to RTF, or in this case the Adwords Help Center pages...

you are sending traffic with ppc to a parked domain?! WTF is going on here

Yeah, I know it's retarded (you'd be surprised how many domainer ask about this, those without good domains and type-in traffic), but I wanted to just get started with Adwords, and the parked page actually converts around 50% -- I've yet to get/find an affiliate though... which is what I want to do.

If you know an affiliate for taco seasoning let me know... or else I'll just throw up sponsored links and link it to my cooking network to boost traffic...

I would find a CPA offer if you have parked domains receiving traffic. One example for Taco Seasoning would be Rachael Ray free tickets CPA offer.

Are you saying you're using adwords to direct traffic to parked domains with some kind of monetization template with sponsored ads/affiliate links?

quality score is easy ...

most affs presell on their own landing page before sending user to offer page.

If you are doing adwords, send clicks to your presell landing page and make sure to use this basic set of quality score best practises ::

1) include the KWPs on your landing page with appropriate density

2) Include an xml sitemap in your footer and register it with google webmaster tools ::

Google Webmaster Central

3) Always include at least one outbound link to related relevant content on a page that is included isomewhere in your site / sitemap. I usually just select something from wikipedia, and hide / bury the link. It's a traffic leak, but it's there to beat the quality score.

4) at least two 500 word articles on their own pages of relevant content with an appropriate keyword density.

5) core keywords in H1 and H2 tags

6) privacy policy

7) physical address in footer

that should do it ...

these are the basics of running a google-acceptable "thin affiliate."

that's all for now, bitches.

I would find a CPA offer if you have parked domains receiving traffic. One example for Taco Seasoning would be Rachael Ray free tickets CPA offer.

Are you saying you're using adwords to direct traffic to parked domains with some kind of monetization template with sponsored ads/affiliate links?

Nothing that fancy. The domain is parked at bodis.com. They've got a more flexible way to populate the template with keywords and a picture.

If you want to see examples of their templates, google: "Welcome to our website. Here you will find all necessary information" That's the default text. Thanks for the aff tip! I check it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.