Quality Poor on Google Adwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

astrogear

Jan 11, 2008
Can anybody help me figure out why adwords says my quality is poor for my website? It's at Academy Awards 2008 Poll and all of the keywords are related to movie awards, academy awards and stuff like that. I was originally paying 6 cents for clicks, then it started asking for 18 cents, now it wants $6.

Thanks.

Here's my two cents. Maybe it's the new "you can't just redirect to the advertiser" policy with google"

How about a redirect just another another page that does nothing. And then is there a way to ask google to "check your landing page" again?

I'm interested in what the other have to say about this too.

It depends on what keywords you are bidding on with what is on the page. If you wanted to go the cheaper route, learn some blackhat and get free organic traffic. Much better option in my opinion.

Your QS is poor probably due to lack of content. Make a "mini site" out of your landing page, including content related to the Academy Awards. An easy way to do this is to create pages dating back to 2000 that includes Academy Award winners, nominees, etc.

Yep, you have a bridge page and there is no other content on it. Plus they hate sites that offer free things in return for user info. So, you're screwed with that approach. Try the recent news technique instead.

It couldn't be more obvious why your QS is shit. You have no content and no relevant links.

Here's an idea, remove the poll from all pages except the landing page. I know, scary, but would make it look more like a 'real site'. I also agree with the 'news' type stuff, need to add some, but possibly on another page, to prevent 'tainting' the votes(personal opinion). I WOULD put some Academy Awards related info (reword a portion of the WikiPedia entry?) on the main page, BEFORE the survey.

You could also have the poll, without the offer, and on the page they submit to offer the offer, and 'click here to continue' possibly...

Yeah, who cares if your keywords have to do with the academy awards and movies...your page is about winning a plasma TV and has no content.

#1 See above
#2 Make your affiliate links
#3 Head over to Search Engine Spider Test Tool and check out the spider view on your page to get a better idea of how Google is looking at your page. There is literally 59 words, almost all of which are nothing but a small disclaimer. Google has no idea what you're little page is even supposed to be about.

There is so many things wrong with this page. Do not be surprised if you send 300 clicks and get no conversions.

1. You need to add more content to the page. You have the right idea with those links you have at the bottom. Add a privacy policy page and TOS page. Add an article on that page and other pages (original articles!) about The Academy Awards, who's being nominated, the history of it, etc. Wikipedia is a good source; just rewrite it in your own words.

2. Your layout is completely wrong; You are apparently listing the prizes on TOP, and the question on the bottom. When someone clicks your site, they're going to be confused because the first thing they will see is "Complete all program requirements and get a FREE Panasonic TV". They will immediately leave because they believe that they have landed on a wrong page. Therefore, the TOP of your page needs to be an image along with "WHO HAD THE BEST PICTURE OF 2007?". Right next to where they select the answer, write "Answer this question before the show airs and receive a Plasma TV!" Not only is this more believable, you won't run the risk of losing visitors.

3. Remember when I said "Do not be surprised if you send 300 clicks and get no conversions."? This is why: The affiliate page is so different from your website, that it looks fairly obvious what you're doing. You don't want the visitor to know that they are going to a separate site; I believe this will cause a red flag to raise in the visitors mind. Make YOUR landing page as SIMILAR to the affiliate landing page AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Hell, copy the whole damn layout but replace what needs to be replaced. Therefore, when they vote on your site, and they are taken to their site, it looks like the same website.

Yeah like yoey said, I'd be amazed if you got any conversions at all. The offer you're linking to isn't even about getting a free plasma tv, your landing page doesn't match the offer either. You're talking about plasma tvs and the offer is talking about getting 50 bucks.

I actually promoted the same offer not that long ago and it didn't do too well when my landing page and the way it was presented was great. You have a lot to learn but I guess everyone starts somewhere.. But hey, you're doing more than most people and looking to learn in the right places so more power to you!

I've already posted what I did with that offer though, so I'll post it again... Like yoey said, copy the offer if you have to. That's what I did below. Keyword bids got too high though, so I said fuck it...

Hulk Hogan Divorce - Did Linda Hogan Divorce Hulk For His Money? - SurfingContent.com

..and my two cents; Make sure all your ads are very relevant to words on your page as well. Of course, try to bring the searched terms into the ads (with DKI or whatever) and if you can - make several versions of the landing page based on the incoming keywords. That will up your QS as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.