Python coder plz

Vadym

do u even auto,m8?
Jul 11, 2009
Hai,

I need python coder plz. Will pay base per project + % of profits.

inb4 odesk - been surfing it for 3 weeks and handed out 3 test projects, its full of phaggots who either disappear for 5 days or give me shit code after 5 days.

Thanks.

xPPQom4.jpg

W8KBqJY.jpg

XNLLray.jpg

OL6onie.jpg

caeR0Z9.jpg
yypRjI4.jpg

y u not pm mattseh?

It's not like you're going to find better than him. The guy is obviously ambitious as fuck about Python.

Nice tits.

What kind of projects are these? Web, bots, automation, etc.?

Automated web-based bots that will perform a variety of logging, posting, scraping, verifying and breakdancing while making it rain $100-bills types of tasks.

^ the only pool of talent better than the Odesk indians are the fuckwads of Warrior forum.

^ the only pool of talent better than the Odesk indians are the fuckwads of Warrior forum.

Odesk, Freelancer, Guru, Hire a whatever... all just a bunch of shit. Yes, you can occasionally find a gem in the rough, but for the mount of time it takes to wade through the shit and vet potential candidates, only to have to repeat the process again and again after they let you down, you could learn Python yourself.

Glad I saw this thread.

A couple years ago I decided to take an extended break from internet marketing when my $$ dried up, and since then I've been programming in python full time at a day job for the last 2.5 years. Well I just quit that job.

I'll PM you.

Do you guys really have such bad experiences on Odesk/Elance? I've found my entire team of ~20 developers on there, and while there's obviously bad apples I genuinely find those sites infinitely better than any local or job site could do for a fraction of the price. It's not all that difficult once you get it down. Ask 3-4 good filter questions in your posting to prove they at least are qualified, and check their responses to ensure they didn't copy/paste. Have a skype interview to see whether any obvious red flags come up and if it's the type of person you can work with long term. Give anyone promising a ~5hr trial task, and then anyone who passes that phase I've found has a 60-75% chance of being a top notch long term employee. Is it really that hard you need to offer up equity for dev work?

Do you guys really have such bad experiences on Odesk/Elance? I've found my entire team of ~20 developers on there, and while there's obviously bad apples I genuinely find those sites infinitely better than any local or job site could do for a fraction of the price. It's not all that difficult once you get it down. Ask 3-4 good filter questions in your posting to prove they at least are qualified, and check their responses to ensure they didn't copy/paste. Have a skype interview to see whether any obvious red flags come up and if it's the type of person you can work with long term. Give anyone promising a ~5hr trial task, and then anyone who passes that phase I've found has a 60-75% chance of being a top notch long term employee. Is it really that hard you need to offer up equity for dev work?

The key here is filtering and testing candidates before you actually agree to anything, the problem is that a lot of the people hiring off of freelance sites aren't very technical and don't know the right questions to ask or how to spot the good/bad programmers. It's more along the lines of "Wharton MBA seeks code monkey", actually more like "Tropical MBA podcast listener seeks code monkey". That along with the mentality of working 4 hours a week and outsourcing for $5 a day is a recipe for disaster.

I've had very mixed results. I've hired people with 5 stars and a work history on the site and willing to pay a premium and have been very disappointed a lot of the times. I think it is a result of people not knowing the development side of the business. The customer needs a solution, and they fill the solution. However to the customer that knows nothing about development work, it's just what they wanted. So the customer leaves positive feedback not knowing what they really got.

The only true method I've found are trial jobs. I will ask a developer to put their mouth where their money is. I will normally ask for a 1 week or 40 hrs period where I am free to walk away at any time without paying them. I typically know much sooner if they are full of shit or not. I generally find the more competent developers don't have a problem with it. I've been stuck paying developers that didn't perform up to expectations in the past.

Overall I did find a few people over several months, and that was with a lot of looking. I honestly felt like I could have spent full time just trying to hire devs off those sites when I needed someone. That's really how much work I felt went in to it. So no I don't really think that it is "easy" to find qualified developers. I work in the business so I may have an unusually high bar for the quality of work that I expected delivered, but I have those expectations for a reason.

The only true method I've found are trial jobs. I will ask a developer to put their mouth where their money is. I will normally ask for a 1 week or 40 hrs period where I am free to walk away at any time without paying them. I typically know much sooner if they are full of shit or not. I generally find the more competent developers don't have a problem with it. I've been stuck paying developers that didn't perform up to expectations in the past.

Huh? In that case, I got a pretty decent sized workload sitting here. Mind putting in 35 hours of work for free so I can decide whether or not I want to work with you?

You don't pay for trial / test projects? Don't you ever think you might be leaving talent on the table?