Pubcon: Las Vegas: What have you gotten out of past pubcons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwb

Aug 10, 2006
I'm trying to decide if its worth it to go, can you guys tell me what you have gotten out of it in the past and if you think it is worth it?

It is definitely worth it in my opinion. I have been to a couple now, still unsure if I will be making Vegas in November but I was at Boston Pubcon in April.

For me, its all about the people and networking. There's *lots* of drinking which leads to lots of *talking*. I learned more just talking to people than anything else and its amazing how much people really are willing to share, s ometimes without even realizing it.

Some of the sessions are okay - the Q & A is usually the best part. Site clinics are one of my favorites of the sessions. Have fun!

Hey, its me the extreme newbie! Could you tell me what pubcons is? Whatever it is...it sounds great. Drinking AND contacts AND education! Does it get any better?

It figures, I'll be in Vegas in Dec!

geekgirl said:
It is definitely worth it in my opinion. I have been to a couple now, still unsure if I will be making Vegas in November but I was at Boston Pubcon in April.

For me, its all about the people and networking. There's *lots* of drinking which leads to lots of *talking*. I learned more just talking to people than anything else and its amazing how much people really are willing to share, s ometimes without even realizing it.

Some of the sessions are okay - the Q & A is usually the best part. Site clinics are one of my favorites of the sessions. Have fun!
Can you give an example of what you learned? just trying to see what i would get out of it before i spend a lot of money to get there...

Do you guys think it is worth it for an affiliate network to exhibit at one of these shows? We currently do AdTech, and Affiliate Summit. Just not sure if this show is worth going to. If anyone can shed some light it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Mike

BWB: Its hard to say and pinpoint what I learned. There is such a vast amount of people with all different levels of knowledge and really it depends on who you are talking too etc. The thing is, you ask questions on a forum and some people are helpful but of course they aren't going to give you their trade secrets. But when you are at the conference, people are drinking and relaxed and they tend to talk more and in more detail. The difference is the "world" isn't reading it.

For me its all about the people, the sessions can be okay and it depends on your level of knowledge. I found them to be more on the basic side for some things and not for others. It's really hard to say.

Does that make sense? If not, I apologize, I took a Phentermine today for a boost of energy and I am hyper as all hell.

Yeah I was going to go to pubcon,, but I think im gonna head up to the big apple for adtech in Nov.

I am going for the networking, I heard adtech was an awesome place to do it.
I heard pubcon was good also but everyone I spoke with said ADTECH NYC is the shit.

So I guess I will follow the money makers advice. lol.

geekgirl said:
BWB: Its hard to say and pinpoint what I learned. There is such a vast amount of people with all different levels of knowledge and really it depends on who you are talking too etc. The thing is, you ask questions on a forum and some people are helpful but of course they aren't going to give you their trade secrets. But when you are at the conference, people are drinking and relaxed and they tend to talk more and in more detail. The difference is the "world" isn't reading it.

For me its all about the people, the sessions can be okay and it depends on your level of knowledge. I found them to be more on the basic side for some things and not for others. It's really hard to say.

Does that make sense? If not, I apologize, I took a Phentermine today for a boost of energy and I am hyper as all hell.
Yep yep that is what I have been hearing, its just hard to say oh, this might help and pony up the 1800 for the confrence, 200 a night for the hotel and airefare... I'm thinking I might wait for San Jose next Aug as it seems to get more positive posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.