Promoting Through Landing Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerxs

Jun 24, 2006
North East PA
Alright I finally have things narrowed down and have choose one product that I am going to start promoting. I am working on a landing page now and am not sure of what flys and what doesnt.

The landing page that I have created is so close to the manufacturers page that unless someone pays close attention they will have no clue they have been redirected to another site to finish the order process.

Generally speeking is this legit, what are the general boundries that someone should follow when promoting a product? Is it in most cases ok to use product and company logos, to promote that companies product?

What about the pitch? What are some boundries someone should follow as far as the sales pitch?

Thank yah, Jer

Ok heres an example of what I am working on; I have the company's logo placed in two spots on the page and also photos of the companies product. Is this generally OK?

Also any suggestions you might have on laying this page out would be greatly appreciated. I blured most of it, but you should be able to get the just of it.

I am also planning on throwing up maybe one YPN or Google ad on the page.

Thanks again Jer

mock-up.jpg

Really depends on the merchant actually. All depends if they care or not. If they do, then it may be a problem. If they don't care it won't be a problem.

As long as you are not doing anything illegal or deceptive in order to get people to sign-up with the vendor, I doubt most would have an issue.

Grey area, I would ask the program rep (if its CJ and they actually work for the company)

Yea, you definitely want to look at the terms of use and talk to a rep. In the terms of use, many programs forbid using their logo and name in the manner you want to.

Do you know what the reasoning is behind that Joe?

As far as marketing specific products and services go's I am pretty much a complete newb, but would think that if a company needs to turn to affiliate marketing to bring in sales they would let you use any meens neccissary to achieve a conversion/ sale.

I use to sell airsoft and was an authorized dealer of a specific brand of gun, I was allowed to use the company's logo, images and text to sell, but this type of marketing seems allot different and allot does not make a whole lot of sense to me, well certain aspects of it anyway.

I did write my Rep at Azoogle, but am still waiting for a response. I hope that it fly's. I cant see how I am going to be able to push a product without using product and company specifics.

Jer

hell, I don't care about the landing page the 16 year old webmaster is back, WOOOT! stick around kid we like you here, you are worseless but so what!

I did write my Rep at Azoogle, but am still waiting for a response. I hope that it fly's. I cant see how I am going to be able to push a product without using product and company specifics.
what's your rep's name? i emailed them a similar question earlier today.

The reason why some companies do not want affiliates doing whatever they want is because ultimately they are the one's on the hook if an affiliate does something wrong or misleading. If they think they are on the site of the company and you promise them a free Porsche for entering their e-mail address, that reflects poorly on the company.

Like I said, some companies do not care, some try to protect their reputation and head off potential problems.

In most cases affiliates are pretty well insulated from the customer. It many situations it is unlikely that the consumer would be able to figure out who the affiliate was let alone try to get ahold of them or raise a problem. So the parent company gets all the issues.

It is the same reason why some offers are limited to specific types of distribution. You would think why would they care where the customers come from as long as they are legitimate, but they have their reasons and choose to keep on top of things.

Reactions: jerxs
and you promise them a free Porsche for entering their e-mail address, that reflects poorly on the company.

For sure, I can see where doing something like that could cause potential problems.

Thanks for the helpful reply, Jer

Status
Not open for further replies.