Promoting affiliate offers with email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicify

Jul 22, 2006
Europe
you.se
I'm thinking about starting like a newsletter where I promote offers from maxbounty etc.

Anyone know about how much you can make from x amount of mails sent/subscribers? worst/best case? whatever

1 BILLION Dollars.

dr_evil.jpg

Plenty of people making six figures from CAN SPAM compliant lists. The amount you make is pretty much up to the niche and/or demographic the collected addresses are targeted for.

Plenty of people making six figures from CAN SPAM compliant lists. The amount you make is pretty much up to the niche and/or demographic the collected addresses are targeted for.
Andrew is right, it's all about targeting.

Although I can't imagine buying anything I randomly receive an e-mail about, MANY people do. It's a great avenue to promote if you buy a targeted list from a reputable source.

Alright, now here is something I don't understand. I just googled CAN SPAM, and it seems that the email themselves must be compliant. Wouldn't this be up to the sender after he has his list? How can the list itself be CAN SPAM compliant? Because the emails that have been sent to those addresses on the list have been compliant?

Nice nice! What I can understand from this link people don't even have to sign up for the mailing list. You can pretty much just start spamming, as long as you stick to all other rules, e.g have an "opt-out" method.

EDIT: And except from this ^^ :

# "harvest" email addresses from Web sites or Web services that have published a notice prohibiting the transfer of email addresses for the purpose of sending email

# generate email addresses using a "dictionary attack" – combining names, letters, or numbers into multiple permutations

Andrew is right, it's all about targeting.

Although I can't imagine buying anything I randomly receive an e-mail about, MANY people do. It's a great avenue to promote if you buy a targeted list from a reputable source.

Thinking about building the list myself.

Starting a newsletter as opposed to a list is an easy way to break into email marketing. Give your readers a little content with a dash of ads. It's not as revenue potent as straight list building and sending stand alone emails, but it's a good way to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.