Prevent Spam menace. Don't allow new member to Post

blogspotter

WF Premium Member
Jun 29, 2007
Interwebz
Looks like WF is on the forum DB of several Xrumer owners..

There are tons of new posts and new threads from xrumer blast.

A quick fix would be to not allow anyone to post on WF for 10-30 days or whatever you feel is appropriate..

OKTHXBYE

I don't think this would solve anything... They will just make 500 accounts, and wait 10-30 days to post...

Don't they have custom captchas where you are forced to complete a small puzzle (put the puzzle pieces together) or something along these lines? Not the typical captcha solving, but something that xRumer can't do. I am sure once a new captcha type thing comes out, the creators of xRumer and all the other similiar software will find a way to beat it, but you just have to be ahead of the game.

The mods do a hell of a job cleaning up garbage xRumer shit, so props to them... But there has to be some way of making their jobs easier and keeping the forum clean...

Xrumer for awhile, up until about a few weeks ago wasn't able to solve the new recaptcha. So it is all about staying ahead of them.

Jesus. I come on here for a quick 5 minutes on my saturday morning and spend the next hour shooting down this shit.

for fucks sake.

They will just make 500 accounts, and wait 10-30 d
g.gif
ays to post...