Premium .me valuations based on .com comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikonic

Jul 16, 2008
I just picked up a few premium .me names and I am wondering how to value one of them.

Basically the .com version is going for about 26k, so any thoughts on what the .me might be worth considering it is also a verb.me type name?

Also, the .tv and .mobi extensions are also available for this word. Are they worth getting?

thanks

As a domain by itself, it's worth nothing. .com names can have some value from the type in traffic that they get (which is typically grossly overestimated). Who would accidently type in .me? No one. The domain only has value with a site behind it or, to a much lesser extent, the potential for a site under it.

I think it's a case of sitting on your domains and waiting to see if .me takes off as a TLD.

Thanks for the feedback. I've decided to sit on for a while and see what plays out with the .me TLD

Also, I don't think the traffic will come from "type ins" but the name is really catchy and targeted towards an affluent market so from a branding perspective it could be worthwhile to the right start up (or an affiliate who can gain some exposure to launch it).

Flip as quickly as possible, truth it you wont loose. Use the extra money to fund your other projects. I dont care if .web comes along or .hardsex today or tommorow the .com is king. .Me is in its honeymoon period take advantage. Dont site on your domains like .mobi guys did. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.