Pre-Populating a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTP32

Jan 15, 2009
User comes to my landing page.
Types in email address into my aweber form.
Clicks submit.
Data is sent to my aweber account and submti button brings them to a cpa offer. I need to populate the third party cpa offer with the email address they just sent to me. Is this possible? Can anyone help?

User comes to my landing page.
Types in email address into my aweber form.
Clicks submit.
Data is sent to my aweber account and submti button brings them to a cpa offer. I need to populate the third party cpa offer with the email address they just sent to me. Is this possible? Can anyone help?

If you have no control over the third party page (in terms of prefilling information into the text boxes and such), it's not possible. It *might* be possible depending on what kind of anti-bot protection the third party site has, to send the form data directly to the same place that the third party page would send it to. (changing action to the same url, and the field names the same). However directly submitting the form might invalidate the conversion if they don't hit the 3rd party landing page from your site.

In a nutshell : it's not possible to prepopulate the form's fields on a website you have no control over, from your own site, unless the third party site makes it possible for you to do so (ie: if its designed to automatically populate the fields, if they were passed with the same names).

I'm not much of a coder, but shouldn't it be possible to frame the page you're sending them to, and have the parent page running a script that's harvesting the details that they're submitting while it's been set to 0x0 pixels, and send that to the aweber account?

That could probably work Assuming the browser doesn't set a limitation on cross-host access, otherwise should work. Also assuming that the 3rd party landing page doesn't change their design or form structure. Because simply put you could have your own form, and as members type into the box it dynamically updates the content in the hidden frame, and when a user clicks submit it doesn't actually submit but instead causes a submit to be triggered in the hidden 3rd party frame (of which then what you'll probably need to do is swap the sizes of the two frames at the time of clicking submit).

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. The browser and javascript don't allow cross site scripting like that.

Have a look at the source code of the offer landing page. Awhile back I ran an insurance offer that used javascript to pre-pop form data. I was able to figure out what variables they were using and send the data via a GET that automatically populated the form. Worked great.

Who knows, you might get lucky with the offer.

if you have control of the second form website. That is I am using aweber autoreponder form in the front and would like to prepopulate that info to my ultracart shopping cart. How would I do that? Do you have a script for this? thanks

Pretty sure you need some type of API access to the offer. That way you could easily pass variables from your form to the offer and make it look like everything was prepopulated. But otherwise, I think you will still need control over the actual page used by the offer to make this work.

For example, in the blog post from Smaxor he already has the data from the first form the customer filled in. On submit he runs a script to call variables from his database, and passes those variables in cleartext across to the offer page in the URL using meta refresh. So you will need an offer page that allows you to pass variables (fname, lname, zip code). Smaxor says, "Not all offers support this however a lot do so just ask your affiliate manager what pre-pops they offer."

Can someone post a list of aff companies we can use to with pre-pop?

Status
Not open for further replies.