PPC Landing Page - Dedicated domain for each campaign or Generic?

ddall

Oct 21, 2011
T DOT
Hi,

Ok, so I am ready to get cracking. Just got on with an affiliate network, have p202 up and running and ready to join the ranks of frustrated CPA newbies blowin dough and converting shit all (aka buying data and payin dues).

As a newb, here is my dilemma, and why I come to the alter of the WF oracles: Do you recommend buying a domain with hosting specific to each offer I choose? (seems expensive for a noob, not to mention no testing done, no experience, don't know what will convert. On the other hand, does a domain name that matches the offer lead to a better CTR than one that is just generic?)

Or do you suggest buying a very generic name, and using a sub-domain for each offer?

Your advice and discussion is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

EDIT: For what it is worth, gonna take a crack at FB for my traffic source.

The best way to start is the following:
Start with a niche that has many offers around it (ie. auto insurance) Buy a generic domain that has something like get-autoinsurancequotes or if you want to have other insurance quotes in there grab get-insurancequotes-now or something along those lines.
Then start adding a bunch of content with keywords in the title, heading, body etc.

People clicking on your ad want to see your site having something to do with the offer doesnt have to be exact match for each phrase

Pick one offer and a domain that would work with more than one. Link to subdomain or another page off the site if ya need, imo.