PPC - Front page or bust?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmxco

Chok full of monkeys
Aug 25, 2008
When running a PPC campaign, do you guys think it is important to always be on the front page of search results, or can you get results on the content network?

So far, it's been such a mixed bag for me I can't really make a judgment. I get clicks off the content network, but they convert poorly. But getting in the top 5-6 search results is really expensive for anything profitable.

what is your bidding strategy on the content network?
The content network has cheaper clicks, however you need to pay a higher cpc for your ads to appear on good sites and not only that appear higher up on the site and more likely to be clicked on. Read up on Content network strategies as it does work if you do it right.

Look in your analytics to see what websites you been appearing on and pick the ones that have converted, then do a site targetting campaign and drop those websites in.

PS yes it is worth while being on the first page, research shows people can be in different mindsets as the move further down the page and less likely to convert.

Yeh, I think you def want to be on the first page, even on the content network. (You don't want your site appearing on crappy sites now do you?) Conversion studies show that positions 1-3 have yielded the highest percentage of conversions.

well if your customer is searching for a review of something, it could convert well even on the 2nd page since they're in review/comparison mode. you just have to really convince these people that you're the last stop on their mission to find the right product.

the first few positions seem to work well for idiot/impulsive buyers.

Personally the higher I got the more traffic but my 'cost of sale' got much higher.

Normally If I'm on page 2 I really tighten up the keywords and bid what I can to get on page 1 if that doesn't work and get me at least position 5 I forget it.

In most cases position 3 is the sweet spot for stuff I have done so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.